Lovelines

Status
Not open for further replies.

bste2003

I have mentioned this before in another forum but wonder if anyone here has noticed a strange phenomenon in the "Lovelines" recording

On the Lovelines Album, towards the end of the "Lovelines" track, Karen can clearly be heard singing "Without A Song"

"Give me good times, the way that life should be" WITHOUT A SONG

It is especially clear when listening to the track through headphones. Is it possible that "Without A Song" was somehow used in the mix.

I can't find the same difference on the "Karen Carpenter" Version and although the 12CD Box Set id a different recording again, the flaw remains there.

Any Ideas

www.geocitoes.com/stemayers/

I'm not so sure she is actually singing the words "Without a Song" in the background. I faintly hear the single word song. I'm using headphones.

bste2003 said:
On the Lovelines Album, towards the end of the "Lovelines" track, Karen can clearly be heard singing "Without A Song"

Interesting! Dug out the headphones, and at the 3:54 mark on the LOVELINES CD, I hear:
"Just give me good times, the way that love should be" (without a song)

With the "without a song" part being buried in the backing vocals.

bste2003 said:
I can't find the same difference on the "Karen Carpenter" Version and although the 12CD Box Set id a different recording again, the flaw remains there.

Different from LOVELINES, or different from the solo album?

At any rate, this phrase in the backing vocals also appears in the solo version, just in a different spot as the track is longer. Listen again, you'll hear it at the 4:25 mark.

Given that the original solo album version was produced by Phil Ramone, I can't imagine him using any recordings from the MUSIC, MUSIC, MUSIC TV special, even unintentionally. It was probably just an attempt by Karen to adlib some backing vocals that were 'counter' to the main lead, and added to the mix for depth. Listen carefully as the track fades out (particularly on the solo album), and you'll hear her singing "..holding me tight, e-very night" in the same manner.

Harry
...always happy to find something new, online...

I agree with you Harry. I have always been disappointed that the support vocals were not more prominent. The project is very vocally challenging.

Craig

Ok, I'll have to give it another listen tonight, I was using my headphones from my PC so maybe I wasn't hearing it. Tonight I'll use my headphones from my dolby 5.1 sound system.

I like when we find these little things, it's fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom