• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

"Mais Que Nada" makes yet another movie appearance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike Blakesley

Staff member
We just started showing the trailer for the new animated movie "Rio" which comes out in April. The teaser trailer on the website features the old Brasil '66 evergreen quite prominently, and the theatrical version features it too, along with a couple other Brazilian tunes that are less recognizable (more buried in the mix).

The movie's website also features the entire song on its opening page. http://www.rio-themovie.com

Anyway the movie looks great, is "from the creators of Ice Age" so it should be good, and will have a foot-tappin' soundtrack as well!

:D ...And I saw the trailer back in June befoer I left on this deployment...

--Mr Bill

Well I for one am happy to have the reminder. I don't recall seeing the earlier thread - must've coincided with our Alaska trip or something.

Harry

Wow - and I even posted in that old thread. I must be getting "old-timers" disease.

In my defense though, there are SO many animated movies now that it's pretty much impossible to keep track of them all. I remember the good old days when it was one killer Disney movie every 4 years. Now we still get that, plus a whole lot of mediocrity with occasional flashes of brilliance.

I am glad to see the Ice Age folks moving on to something different though. They had fished that well pretty dry.

Mike Blakesley said:
The teaser trailer on the website features the old Brasil '66 evergreen quite prominently, and the theatrical version features it too, along with a couple other Brazilian tunes that are less recognizable (more buried in the mix).

I haven't recognized any other individual song in that trailer besides the Mendes track, only abstract percussion and what seemed to be the theme song.

If you're looking at the trailer online, you won't hear any other music. You have to see the new theatrical trailer. (Disclaimer: I only know what's happening in the US -- they might not be showing this trailer in Brazil yet.)

And they're still working on the soundtrack - you probably won't hear any of the new music until right around the film release....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom