• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

Mike, you HAVE to update us... how was the concert?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elisabeth

Hi there Mike,

I have been following the Ottawa topic and so I know you were going to another Sergio Mendes concert - where you were to meet up with Jon (hi Jon) - in (was it) Austin? Anyway, also read about Jons misfortune but I'm wondering now if you still went and how it was. We're all depending on you :wink: to update us! .....Please.....?

Thanks in advance!
Elisabeth
Greetings from Amsterdam :wave:

Hi Elisabeth--

Sorry to keep you waiting for my Sergio report! Things have just been too hectic at work and home to get to it until last night. Please see my just posted rambling report over at the Ottawa thread.

The only sour notes were that Jon and the Captain couldn't make the show also. But our day will come...

What's life in Amsterdam like these days? I visited your fair city many times when I lived in Holland in the early 1970s.

All best & obligado,
Mike A

Hi Mike,

Thanks for your reply. I saw your review under the other topic yesterdaynight. Thanks a lot. Well, If you've been living in The Netherlands you know we have to do without Live concerts of Mendes most of the time. Last time I know of when he was here was in '96 or so at the North Sea Jazz Festival. Still hope he will do another concert in NL again but so far nothing points in that direction.

We're doing fine here in Amsterdam, although I can imagine you would think some things changed over the years. We have a mini skyscraper now :goodie: (nothing like the ones in the US) but other than that I think the ambiance is still the same. Where did you live in the NL? Do you still speak some Dutch?

I was sorry to hear you could not meet up with Jon and "the Captain". But, like you said, there's always next time. And.... if Sergio doesn't come to Holland quick... I will have to come to Sergio (somewhere in the US!) and maybe meet up with you guys too!

I wish you a nice evening from your "old home"
Groeten en een fijne avond!

Elisabeth

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom