• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

More Christmas Music

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have the CD by Seiko Matsuda with both "Christmas Turned Blue" and "December Morn" on it.

"Christmas Turned Blue" has a late-'50s pop ballad feel to it, not particularly Carpenters-like. "December Morn" is much more "Carpenters" in style, calling to mind "Merry Christmas Darling" and songs like "Look to Your Dreams" and "Leave Yesterday Behind."

Neither has any backing vocals, which seems a little odd for a Richard Carpenter production.

Anything else you want to know about them?

David

I have the CD by Seiko Matsuda with both "Christmas Turned Blue" and "December Morn" on it.

"Christmas Turned Blue" has a late-'50s pop ballad feel to it, not particularly Carpenters-like. "December Morn" is much more "Carpenters" in style, calling to mind "Merry Christmas Darling" and songs like "Look to Your Dreams" and "Leave Yesterday Behind."

Neither has any backing vocals, which seems a little odd for a Richard Carpenter production.

Anything else you want to know about them?

David

I love both songs so much - and you're right that CTB has a great, retro '50s pop ballad feel to it and that December Morn feels Carpenters-esque, but I could hear Karen singing both of them. Seiko does an amazing job herself and her English is a lot more clear and precise than Akiko's (who is great in her own right), she makes the songs even better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom