Music to watch girls by

Status
Not open for further replies.

bob

quick question did the tjb ever record a version of music to watch girls by.and not release it. becasue on the new bootleg of that and cabaret that is the Bob crewe generation version.
bob

The Tijuana Brass did "Music To Watch Girls By" as part of their live stage act. Herb included it in a medley of "songs that have been good to us." I don't think they ever recorded a studio version - and yes, the version on those bootlegs is the Bob Crewe recording.

Harry

thank you harry for the answer if they did a studio version of music to watch girls by if lost treasures pt. 2 if there is going to be one, maybe that song will be on there. I like the one they did on there first tv special whisle while you work will maybe surface someday as a studio version.
bob

Yes, Steven, those are the pirated versions of Herb's recordings where the 'compilers' threw in "Music To Watch Girls By" by the Bob Crewe Generation.

I still don't get it

Crook "A" has a computer. He also has a copy of some old Herb Alpert records, mainly "BEAT OF THE BRASS" and a turntable. Crook "A" digitizes said records with the intent on illegally selling them. As he digitizes them, he remembers an old favorite of his, "Music to Watch Girls By" and looks for it in his record collection. He finally finds it, but realizes that it's not a Herb Alpert record. "It doesn't matter," he says to himself, "These fools who buy this will never know anyway."

Crook "A" finds a way to get his illegal disc pressed at Crook "B"'s pressing service. Crook "B" knows some tricks to get illegally made discs up onto Amazon. Amazon, a giant Internet retailer, has no-one on staff that can possible look at every entry on the site, so illegal, pirated discs show up from time to time. As Amazon is also in the business of selling digital music, the illegal disc of Herb Alpert (with the Bob Crewe track) go through the process of separating the tracks into digital files, just the way Crook "A" had originally done on his computer. Amazon sells those on individual pages like the one posted above.

Amazon, Crook "A", and Crook "B", all make money and live happily ever after. The duped listener thinks he's found a long-lost Herb Alpert record and is thrilled. Herb Alpert, who worked hard to make most of the recordings, gets nothing. The estate of Bob Crewe gets less than nothing - not even recognition of his work.

Harry

Guys here is the telephone number to amazon to report this 1 866 216-1072 I just did that. and I talked with the customer service and I asked her to go to A&M corner and she did. and she did read all of the posts I told her this CD is a bootleg copy

and so the person checked it out and she is going to report to her boos. so if we all get together and report this they will do something.

thanks

bob

Perhaps a relentless repeating listen to stuff on A&M/Horizon while bound and gagged, to boot...! Punishment fitting the crime?

-- Dave

Perhaps a relentless repeating listen to stuff on A&M/Horizon while bound and gagged, to boot...! Punishment fitting the crime?

Punishment? That's more like a reward. If you want to punish someone make them listen to your Bobby Goldsboro and Pat Boone collection. That's a punishment! :laugh:

I thought I would warn You all i just saw a post on youtube listing "Music To watch Girls By" and Herb as the artist and the album cover looks like one of the overseas "Best Of" type packages IMO it is just another ReRipoff of the Bob Crewe Classic.so Don't Be Fooled.

We've covered this a zillion times on this site. I know I've contacted and/or posted comments on some of these videos telling them it's Crewe and I always got a "it sounds like Herb to me" response and they keep doing it. Some people just insist on being stupid, I guess...

That's because the track was included on a couple of unauthorized Herb comps (which shows you how clueless some overseas sellers are), and that YouTube sometimes auto-retrieves these entire albums, not being posted by a real user in other words. (YouTube gets a portion of the music sales generated from any "buy" links on the site.)

Yes it's getting old, but until that unauthorized product is pulled from sale (which I doubt it will be, since it is overseas and "hands off"), we have to live with it.

Back in the '60s, Herb embraced the song - I guess we can too! :)
True on all of the above comments. all i am saying is "Just Give proper credit to the right artist. And keep it Legit. And Everything should be fine. And most important of all " ENJOY".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom