• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

New Bacharach/A&M compilation coming Tues. Aug. 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Harry said:
The recorded version of the extended medley can be found on the US-released Readers' Digest set, or on the Japanese ANTHOLOGY set.

What's extended? Do they add more Burt songs, or just extend those already in the medley?

The long and live Bacharach medley contains the following:

Any Day Now
Baby It's You
Knowing When To Leave
Make It Easy On Yourself
There's Always Something There To Remind Me
I'll Never Fall In Love Again
Walk On By
Do You Know The Way To San Jose?

The liner notes to the Readers' Digest set have this to say:

liner notes said:
In 1974, Karen and Richard hired a reputable concern to record a number of shows they were performing at The Riviera in Las Vegas. When they returned to the A&M studios for a listen, they were dismayed to find that a number of tracks (bass, background vocals and kick drum) were either not recorded or intermittently so. The 14 1/2 minute Burt Bacharach/Hal David medley contained in this set is a previously unreleased sampling from those "live" recordings. In 1977, Richard added the missing background vocals and kick, and Joe Osborn played the bass part. What remains that is "live" consists of drums (sans kick), the orchestra and, most importantly, Karen's lead.

Harry
NP: live "Bacharach Medley"

Readers Digest huh? Surprised it wasn't an abridged version of the Medley. :winkgrin:

Harry, I'm amazed of the fast turnaround of responses I get to my questions. You guys are true gurus of A&M. You know, I consider myself very knowledgable about J.C Calderon and his work outside A&M, but of course, you guys helped me put together a few stories about AyM related to the time that Calderon worked with Alpert. Thank you. :)

Must Look Out for UK Edition , Especially If 2 CD Set -Should Be
Outstanding Release With More Rarities Included :)

Peter

Hi All,
I am just wondering...Did Karen and Richard record little snippets of songs like...A House is not a home...A New world coming and other songs that were from their 1971 variety show MAKE YOUR OWN KIND OF MUSIC? Were these Bacharach songs too? Sorry but I don't know too much about Burt Bacharach's songs...although I have heard them on the radio...but never gave it too much thought...

My thoughts,
Cameron

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom