New BBC Documentary - Watch It Here...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you so much.

I have seen dozens of interviews with Richard, and this was the most animated I have ever seen. He even lets loose with "Bull S...". After all this time, you can still see the anger and frustration in his voice.

It's a fabulous special, with interviews from the people that mean something to the Carpenters.

Great quality on the concert segments. 1st rate! Don't miss this!

Just watched it- WOW!
The performance footage is wonderful
It's nice to see a picture of Richard and his family as well. Really nice work.

I'm looking at it right now. Whoever uploaded it, got it in the wrong format so the picture is stretched vertically...making Karen look even thinner than she really was! Other than that, great doc.

It is a pretty good documentary, but Mike's right, whoever uploaded it didn't get the aspect ratio correct.

Harry

This was from the UK so maybe that has something to do with the aspect ratio being off?

This is a very rare docu, instead of them re-hashing old stuff and taking clips from other docs already released in the past, they have really put together something new and updated or at least refreshed. I also am wondering if this special will appear in the upcoming DVD released Live at the BBC, as Yuka mentioned with time frames this comes in at about 60 mins.

The most interesting is a short interview towards the end of this UK docu, in which Karen (with Richard present) is asked the most telling question of all, she asks Karen if she has anorexia. I have never before ever seen where the interviewer has asked Karen this question before and to be honest Karen looks quite shocked that she was asked this, I would imagine she was suprised. So at least by this point she knew what this word meant.

I also was suprised how articulate Richard was in this new interview, he still gets quite upset with this whole situation.

I downloaded the MPG version from the site and loaded it into my video editor in the 16x9 ratio and it is perfect. Flash doesn't recognize 16x9, hence the squeeze.

The most interesting is a short interview towards the end of this UK docu, in which Karen (with Richard present) is asked the most telling question of all, she asks Karen if she has anorexia. I have never before ever seen where the interviewer has asked Karen this question before and to be honest Karen looks quite shocked that she was asked this, I would imagine she was suprised. So at least by this point she knew what this word meant.

Sue Lawley was always like this with her interviewees, very direct and probing in her style. The show was a weekly broadcast called 'Nationwide'. I think the look on Karen's face when she was asked this is very telling. She tried to dodge the question by saying she didn't know what 'six stones' was in weight, but of course Sue Lawley, in true style, had already researched what this was in pounds and came straight back at Karen with the figure.

But yes, you're right Chris, it's the one and only time I have ever seen an interviewer ask her outright. Karen rolled her eyes at one point, and you can tell she was not happy at being asked the question on live TV.

Stephen

bluebird1111 said:
I downloaded the MPG version from the site and loaded it into my video editor in the 16x9 ratio and it is perfect. Flash doesn't recognize 16x9, hence the squeeze.

How do you download the MPEG file? They want me to install their player, but I'm not really keen on that since all I want is the video file to play in another player, or burn to DVD.

You do need the Veoh software installed to enable the download I think. I did that and it saved as an MPEG file, and I then just uninstalled the software. The MPEG file still works.

Stephen

newvillefan said:
You do need the Veoh software installed to enable the download I think. I did that and it saved as an MPEG file, and I then just uninstalled the software. The MPEG file still works.

Stephen

Cool--I'll download it. I read it a bit, and it allows you to save videos from other services.

EDIT: Hmmm...looks like it's a peer to peer service. No install here, sorry.

Rudy what do you mean peer to peer? What does that mean? I have not downloaded it either, I have too many players as it is real player, windows media, divx player and quicktime sometimes they fight each other as it is, all I need is another player. :laugh:

Still I hope this special appears on the upcoming DVD release, I thought maybe that was why the DVD got pushed back for the release date pending this UK docu to air.

Peer-to-peer means that other computer users can see YOUR computer and you can see theirs, as a means of file sharing. It's the way the original Napster was set up, and is dangerous with all of the viruses, malware, and other bugs floating around on he World Wide Web.

I was a bit apprehensive when I first considered downloading the player to grab the file, but thought I'd wait a bit and just watched the stream instead, enlarging the picture with the IE 7 magnification (down in the lower right corner).

Harry

does the video begin with a perky blond talking about a contest, or is the warning "video not available" true? ugh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom