1. A&M Corner can now be found on Instagram! Follow us on our new account at @a.m.corner .
    You may also follow us on Twitter: @amcorner.

New Carpenters UK vinyl release? 03 November 2017

Discussion in 'A Song For You: The Carpenters Forum' started by New Horizons., Sep 9, 2017.

1. Rick-An Ordinary Fool

Rick-An Ordinary Fool Well-Known Member

FL
    Wait...Goofus is not included?? That's it I'm cancelling my pre-order!! :D

Harry likes this.
  2. newvillefan

newvillefan Well-Known Member

It's weird that the numbered white vinyl set costs less than the normal vinyl set?!

theninjarabbit likes this.
  3. Song4uman

Song4uman Active Member

Thinking about preordering. Looks like about $26 in US dollars. White vinyl would be cool

4. Song4uman

Song4uman Active Member

So I ordered. But card was declined because bank thought it was a fraudulent transaction. I verified and clicked a couple of things and now my bank shows 3 purchases. Eeekkk!!!

Have emailed the vinyl store and told them. Hoping they will fix it.

Jonathan

5. theninjarabbit

theninjarabbit Well-Known Member

I may spring for this release, only if I knew what versions/remixes were on it. One reason I enjoy the "Nation's Favourite" disc so much is that it offered several versions- variety between original and new (some I had never really heard before). If it's all run-of-the-mill contemporary mixes, I'll probably pass (even though it pains me, as I love to support Carpenters efforts whenever possible). Maybe the vinyl box set will bring album reissues- would buy a copy of "Lovelines" in a heartbeat :D

newvillefan likes this.
  6. Brian

Brian Active Member

I suppose that's a matter of opinion, Harry. I, personally, would agree that '(Want You) Back in my Life Again', 'Beechwood', 'Calling Your Name Again' and 'Sandy' are largely forgettable and that 'Lovelines' and 'If I Had You', while not exactly forgettable, don't quite hit the mark but, speaking based on my own preferences, some of the other tracks are delectable.

I know what you're saying, though - that amongst these, there are none of Carpenters' mammoth hits.

7. Rick-An Ordinary Fool

FL
    As I mentioned earlier I don't have this set on CD but according to the Recourse site here there are no remixes on this set, they are the album versions. I would assume the same masters used for the CD's would be used for the vinyl yet stranger things have happened so it's not for sure until someone reviews this upcoming LP release.

As a side note, it appears that Amazon UK has changed there photo for this LP, they had a photo showing it was black vinyl, the photo is now gone and I noticed the title has changed to include black vinyl. Carpenters Collected (Gatefold sleeve) [180 gm 2LP black vinyl]

So it appears Amazon UK is selling the black vinyl and not the limited edition white vinyl. Argh!! I think I want the white vinyl now lol I'm undecided.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2017
    Brian likes this.
  8. Brian

Brian Active Member

If I was getting it, I think I would want the white vinyl. :)

Rick-An Ordinary Fool likes this.
  9. Brian

Brian Active Member

I might actually BUY a white vinyl copy, after all, if there are any left for the rest of us, once Song4uman finishes buying all of HIS copies!!!! :)

Song4uman likes this.
  10. Rick-An Ordinary Fool

FL
    I don't know who to order from for the white vinyl, I've never heard of any of these dealers in the UK (listed above) and a little wary of ordering online from places I've never heard of or used. Any suggestions?

11. newvillefan

newvillefan Well-Known Member

Try this site which is really good and reputable:

Collected: White Numbered Vinyl

12. Song4uman

Song4uman Active Member

I ordered mine from whatrecords.co.uk

Hope it is s good place

Jonathan

13. theninjarabbit

theninjarabbit Well-Known Member

Was between this release and the SACD of Singles '69-'73 from CD Japan... bit the bullet for the latter. (I've been wanting a copy since I read about it on these boards. :))

The cool white vinyl was probably the only selling point for me. I may end up getting it anyway- I'm a sucker for liner notes. Gatefold sleeve...oohhh...:D

Jamesj75 and Brian like this.
  14. Song4uman

Song4uman Active Member

Can't wait for this to come in.....and getting ready to order the complete set - even though I have every album already.....