• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

New DVD Release

Status
Not open for further replies.

no1kandrfan

According to amazon.com, the Carpenters Behind the Music will be released on October 14, 2008 - cool!

behind_music.jpg

Behind the Music was a 60-minute biography series on VH-1 - I'm assuming this is that special, although there is no description at the amazon.com website.

no1kandrfan said:
According to amazon.com, the Carpenters Behind the Music will be released on October 14, 2008 - cool!

behind_music.jpg

If the cover is the one posted, the DVD is unauthorized, re-release of DVD + book set. The book was written by John Tobler, and was re-released as the "Transmissions" and "Top Of The World". DVD is not from VH-1 program, just review and bad quality short clips of some performances.

Sakura

Edit:
The same ASIN No. DVD is available at Amazon.UK, released last year but the title has 2008.

www.amazon.com
Behind the Music (2008)
This title will be released on October 14, 2008.
ASIN: B000S398QG

www.amazon.co.uk
The Carpenters - Behind The Music [2008]
DVD Release Date: 27 Aug 2007
ASIN: B000S398QG

I just got my dvd and I like the never before heard clips of different songs...to my ears anyway. The audio/visual is sometimes rather poor relating to performances however the interviews are right on. That counter-balanced with the introspective story make me glad that I purchased it. Tranmissions came too. Also the booklet by John Toblin that details each track recorded. I've always wanted RC to do a detailed list of each recording with its anomolies and special memories. Since he hasn't done this I appreciate this particular offering.

Jeff

I have to make a correction. The author of the booklet is named John Tobler not TOBLIN as previously posted.

Jeff

Not new information,

for fans who missed this topic and don't want to spend money for
UNAUTHORIZED release with bad quality.

Sakura

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom