• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

sfrederick

Hi,

My name is Scott Frederick

I first heard Herb Alpert & the Tijuana Brass when I was either 8 or 9. My dad had purchased WCAOD. I must have thought it was really good because in early 1966 I bought GP (with allowance money) and by 1970 I had all the albums. I bought many of Herb's solo albums too.

When I started junior high school in 1968 I told my folks I wanted to play the trumpet (I didn't tell them it was because of Herb Alpert). They got me a Conn Director cornet to learn and a Bach Stradivarius model 37 after they saw I was serious. I went on to play in high school and college. I still take the horn out occasionally and play or should I say try to play :).

Like many of you I made needle drops of the albums. I don’t mind the occasional tick, pop, or scratch cause that’s how I remember them. The CD-R’s were all two-fers and the jewel case inserts had the album covers on them and I'll bet I got them from A&M Corner.

I’ve read through many of the threads. I’ve learned a lot and have had many questions answered. I look forward to posting.

Scott
Biloxi, Mississippi

Welcome Scott. It's always good to have some new blood around here.

Your story is eerily similar to many that we've run across here. I too took up the trumpet after already studying piano, teaching myself well enough to play along with some of the records. But I never got any better than that.

I last attempted playing a note on the trumpet about a decade ago. It was a sorry attempt and rather embarrassing, so I've put that part of my life behind me.

At least when I plunk a note on the piano, it sounds right!

Harry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom