• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

New Spider-Man movie features A&M connection

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike Blakesley

Staff member
The tune "Raindrops Keep Fallin' On My Head" sung by B.J. Thomas is prominently featured at a pivotal moment in "Spider-Man 2." Of course the song was once released on A&M, on the soundtrack "Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid."

The movie contains about half the song, one verse edited out, but does not contain the trumpet ending. But still very cool to hear a well-liked old track!

Must have been in the cards or something...I listened to that song on my way across town this morning. :D

I'm not a fan of "superhero" movies (or recent action movies), but this one's been getting great reviews, and others I know have seen it already and really like it as well. If it's popular, I wonder if they'll run it at the IMAX. (?)

The song was the peak of Bacharach's A&M years. I know I have mentioned this before but BB is one nice guy in person (met him at a Herb Alpert show).

Amen to that. Burt was in town for two nights this past March and we got to hang out backstage afterwards. That's one of the highlights of my middle age.
JB

I saw the movie yesterday & was very impressed, great writing, terrific action & love story all wraped into one. I highly recomend seeing this one, even if you didn't see the first, it ties the first into the 2nd so you will understand. Whoever the director is did a terrific job on this one.

Yes, Raindrops song was cool to hear this & how it is played during the movie is perfect. :D

Well, if I can grab a flight and get there in 25 minutes, I can catch the later showing. :D (I'll take you up on that offer one of these days. :thumbsup: )

Speaking of such things, I just finally got around to seeing STAR TREK NEMESIS last week, and noticed a credit to Mike Lang for a song called RYKER'S STRUT[at least I think that's the title...]. I assume it's the same Mike Lang that played piano for Herb on the RISE album...didn't he write KALIMBA, as well?

Dan

Montana Mike said:
Yup. It's playing at 7:00 & 9:30 tonight if ya wanna fly in. :D

You know, Mike, one of these days someone form the Corner is going to wander into your theatre on whim. That will be a fun evening (I would hope)...

--Mr Bill
who has to scatter his father-in-law's ashes in Montana, hopefully before winter gets there...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom