• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

NOV 1973 "Tonight Show"

Status
Not open for further replies.

close2u

Randy Schmidt
I looked to see if anyone has already posted here about this, so I apologize if it has already been discussed... Ran's roadode.com site has been updated to include three segments from the November 1973 appearance by Karen, Richard and the full tour band singing LIVE (no lip sync) on Carson's Tonight Show! It is really, really a rare treat. I have seen a lot of Carpenters videos but it has been literally YEARS since I have seen anything "new" emerge in this rare video category! I hope you all enjoy...

Randy

Agreed...

I saw that Randy and was really stoked. To be honest, I wasn't even aware of this footage prior to Ran having posted it on his site. I really love what that guy does and his commitment to Carpenters and their legacy. -Chris

Did he get permission to post this or are the Carson people going to shut it down when they find out about it? I've heard they're pretty protective. Hope it stays up for awhile at least.

I didn't think he could get in trouble as long as it was a "stream only" and no charge for viewing it. Isn't that how it works? Let's hope so anyway... :confused:

It doesn't really matter if it's a stream or not--from what I understand, it's a copyright violation no matter what delivery method is used, if permission has not been obtained first. It's similar to playing music in a restaurant, or a DVD in a public place: special licensing is needed.

Thanks Randy!

I'd like to know where Ran gets all this amazing rare footage?

There are 5 more earlier Tonight Show appearances in 1970-'71 that I would love to see!

1. 18 September 1970
2. 13 November 1970
3. 30 June 1971
4. 19 August 1971
5. 5 November 1971

I'd like to meet Ran. Does he ever post here or anywhere else?

For those that don't know, there are thousands of people that trade old and new tv shows on the internet. I am a tv show collector and have been since 1997. I have found a few people recently that enjoy collecting old Tonight Show episodes. From what I can tell, alot of these episodes were copied from either television with the first VCRs or from a studio. Most have all the original commercials from back then. I am currently building up my collection of these and was quite happy to get the 1973 November Tonight Show with the Carpenters as guests. Over the years , I have gotten pretty close to all of their US television appearances and many overseas ones as well. The person who has the Road Ode site probably does have contacts in the trading community, which is how he gets alot of the clips he has.

Nice..., ' first time I see this... :)

Thanks A&M Corner.com... Thanks Road Ode.com :thumbsup:

Road Ode.com had already a link to that site on my forum..., now A&M Corner.com has one also (in the "Links To Other Carpenters & Van Halen Sites" section.

Rudy's correct. It doesn't matter if something is available for purchase - in fact that makes it even MORE of a copyright violation to put stuff on the web, unless done so by the copyright owner, or available for download through a legitimate source.

That 70s-TV link looks a little suspect to me, like someone else who's selling bootlegged, copyrighted material.

Harry

Harry said:
That 70s-TV link looks a little suspect to me, like someone else who's selling bootlegged, copyrighted material.

Harry

Yes, if that guy's selling the files, it's totally wrong..., and even if someone's only sharing the files for free that's copyright infrigment..., but, those who got the copyrights should really consider devoted sites that do "free sharing", 'cause personally, that's what I did every single day, all my life, that is, talking about the artists that I love, sharing about the artists that I love. I've given "free publicity" all my life to The Carpenters and Van Halen and ' still do so with great honor..., so the copyright owners should go after those people selling the boots like that '70s site or fu.... as.ho..s at eBay..., not after people like me who have devoted their entire lives to those artists..., I pay big money to be able to share what I love the most.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom