Oh No! Not Another Carpenters Show! The Rare, The Odd, And The Lovely!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tony

I saw this on Facebook this morning:

"Captain Rockit pulls a surprise Carpenters show out of his hat. This is not a live event but a show that will available to stream beginning Thursday October 22nd, right after The Jerry Mahoney Telethon on 90.1 FM WUSB and wusb.fm. But you will have to go to Captainrockitstimemachine.com to hear this show. Even though there is a set time you will be able to listen anytime. Working secretly on this show for the past 4 weeks, I searched the world high and low for as many unusual, but mostly wonderful Carpenters rarities. This is probably a show geared more towards die hard Carpenters fans but others may enjoy it nonetheless. This show will include 2-3 hours of alternate versions of Carpenter's hits, vocal,or backing track songs only, as well as a full hour of a dance megamix I put together called "Dance With KC" featuring remixes created by DJ's from all over the world. Join us for a night with The Carpenters that will certainly be filled with The Rare, The Odd, And The Lovely. I hope you enjoy this quite unusual special."

https://www.facebook.com/events/182431535426000/

Part 1 blew me away, even as a dedicated fan. I have never heard the rare 1992 mix of "Merry Christmas Darling" before; the lead-onlys still work a treat. The stand out for me the "backing vocals only" cuts he took. "All of My Life" sounded ethereal that way...
Part 2... dance mixes... I can honestly tell you right now, part of me was being tortured and another part was too curious to stop listening. I had to skimp through this one, though -- the novelty wears thin very quickly, at least for me. I think I turned it off when "Close To You" came on (I was like "NOPE NOPE CAN'T DO IT ANYMORE" out loud).
Part 3 -- MR. GUDER!!! :D

This Mr. CaptainRockit fellow sure has an appreciation for Carpenters -- I love it. They deserve more of this kind of spotlight.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom