• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

🎵 AotW Original Soundtrack - THE BREAKFAST CLUB (SP-5045)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LPJim

Staff member
Original Soundtrack
THE BREAKFAST CLUB
A&M SP-5045
276957.jpg

A1 –Simple Minds Don't You (Forget About Me) 4:20
A2 –Elizabeth Daily* Waiting 4:37
A3 –Wang Chung Fire In The TwilightWritten-By – Jack Hues, Keith Forsey, Steve Schiff 3:51
A4 –Keith Forsey I'm The DudeWritten-By – Keith Forsey, Steve Schiff 2:10
A5 –Jesse Johnson & Stephanie Spruill Heart Too Hot To HoldBacking Vocals – Alex Brown, Merry Clayton, Stephanie SpruillWritten-By – Jesse Johnson, Keith Forsey, Laurie Forsey, Michael Frondelli 4:25
B1 –Gary Chang Dream MontageProducer, Written-By – Gary Chang 2:37
B2 –Karla DeVito We Are Not AloneProducer – David Anderle, Steve GoldsteinWritten-By – Karla DeVito, Robbie Benson, Steve Goldstein 3:39
B3 –Keith Forsey The ReggaeWritten-By – Keith Forsey 3:07
B4 –Joyce Kennedy Didn't I Tell YouBacking Vocals – Carmen Twillie, Julia Waters, Maxine WatersWritten-By – Keith Forsey, Laurie Forsey, Steve Schiff 4:47
B5 –Keith Forsey Love ThemeWritten-By – Keith Forsey 4:26

Entered the Billboard Top 200 on March 9, 1985
Peaked at #17 and charted for 26 weeks
"Don't You Forget About Me" went to # 1 as a single

Reissued as CD 3294 in 1991

JB

Ive seen this movie. It reminds me of my school days. The music really fit in well and speaks of the times doesn't seem like 30 years ago when this came out.

I do have a VHS tape performance of Molly Ringwald when she was 8 years old performing on "The New Mickey Mouse Club" in early 1977 (Fridays was "Showtime" Day) when The Disney Channel had "70's Week" back in August of 1998!! Molly did a Betty Boop impression when she was singing!:faint: Molly released her CD "Except Sometimes" in 2012. Matt Clark Sanford, MI

I would have to agree on that. The movie was (and is) highly acclaimed but I never did see what was so great about it. The hit song, however, is a killer tune. Simple Minds had a couple of albums on A&M around that time that were good.

Nothing else on here is quite as irresistible as the Simple Minds song, but it's a good soundtrack. "Fire in the Twilight" and "Heart Too Hot to Hold" are both pretty catchy, and I even like Keith Forsey's instrumental "Love Theme" at the end of the disc.

I do have a VHS tape performance of Molly Ringwald when she was 8 years old performing on "The New Mickey Mouse Club" in early 1977 (Fridays was "Showtime" Day) when The Disney Channel had "70's Week" back in August of 1998!! Molly did a Betty Boop impression when she was singing!:faint: Molly released her CD "Except Sometimes" in 2012. Matt Clark Sanford, MI

Hi Matt - Is there any chance that you could post that to YouTube? I am a "New Mickey Mouse Club" collector (I even own an original pair of screen-worn ears!) and would love to see that clip. I know the 200 members of the NMMC Facebook group (which includes a several of the '77 Mouseketeers themselves) would also love to see it. There is only very tiny handful of clips from the show out there. You would make a lot of people really happy if you made that available. (Do you have all the NMMC episodes that aired that week?)

Actorman: I wish I could bring the clips of the NMMC on YouTube but my brother Mike won't let me.:sad::evil::twisted::mad: I wish that Disney would add a "Vault Disney" channel in the near future though. Matt Clark Sanford, MI

The Disney Channel showed only 16 episodes (In August of 1998 & August 1999) plus 3 repeated episodes in 1999 plus "The New Mouseketeers At Walt Disney World" NBC TV special on November 20, 1977 which was shown on The Disney Channel in August of 1998 & in August of 1999. There were 132 episodes from January 18, 1977 (debut) (break during the Summer of 1977 which had reruns) till November 18, 1977 & reruns were shown after that. Hoyt Klagwell has some NMMC on YouTube but the videos are in bad shape though.:shake: I had to go to a country concert at the Midland County Fairgrounds in Midland, Michigan when the NMMC was on. Vince Gill in August of 1998 & Alabama in August of 1999. I missed I think only 3 episodes in the Summer of 1998 of the NMMC.:cry: Matt Clark Sanford, MI

Thanks for the response, AM Matt. Yes, everyone in the Facebook group I mentioned is very familiar with the videos that Hoyt Klagwell posts. Even with the poor quality, we are always very excited when he posts something new since most of us haven't seen these clips in almost 40 years. We love anything we can get, no matter how short or low-quality, since there is so little out there . There aren't even bootlegs available that anyone is aware of.

Cool to know another NMMC fan! :)

By the way, the reruns of the NMMC ended on Friday, January 19, 1979. Did not see the return reruns until The Disney Channel shown "70's Week" in August of 1998. Matt Clark Sanford, MI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom