Oscar Castro Neves new album ‘ALL ONE’

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aqua do Brasil

Dear Forum Members,

I just listen to a advance copy I received last week from Oscar Castro Neves himself of his new album entitled: ALL ONE.

Superb arranged and produced with a topflight cast of musicians, like Brian Bromberg on bass, Don Grusin on piano/keyboards, Alex Acuna and Michael Shapiro on drums and Kevin Ricard on percussion with Gary Meek (the woodwind master) on woodwinds, Charlie Bisharat on violin and the crystal clear golden voice of special guest singerLuciana Souza.
A internationally mixed musical journey from his own compositions to the great American Songbook, Jazz and Classical music.

Amongst other highlights a stunning sensitive version of his signature song ‘Morrer de amor’ featuring singer Luciana Souza.

An haunting sensitive arrangment and performance of Chopins Prelude opus 28 no. 20. with nice woodwinds and violin voicings by Gary Meeks and Charlie Bisharat.

Nice treatment of the Coltrane composition Naima and the really groovy ‘Não me diga adeus’ with singer Luciana Souza for prominent airplay hit quality.

A new fresh arrangment of ‘Double rainbow’ the Claude Achilles Debussy orientated composition by Antonio Carlos Jobim.

‘Kurski funk’, an fine Brazilian wordless chant song with a leading role for Gary Meek on soprano sax with groovy berimbeau percussions/guitar treatment.
Fine strong but elegant percussion/drum grooves by Mike, Kevin and Alex and fiery piano treatment solo’s by the impeccable Don Grusin and of course Oscar at his best with his wonderful guitar.

Release date: the 14th of march 2006 on the Mack Avenue label.

A really true masterpiece from one of my heros for more than 39 years, the great Oscar Castro Neves.

All the best,
Aqua do Brasil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom