• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

Paul Simon Reissues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Bacardi

While getting my car fixed today I walked over to Fry's to browse. I noticed all of Paul Simon's solo works have been remastered and reissued. There's bonus tracks on all of these as well. Has anybody picked any of these up? I love his early solo stuff, so I'll probably end up getting some of these.

While I didn't get Simon's solo CDs I did pick up Simon & Garfunkel's Bookends reissue (again, with bonus tracks). This has always been a all-time favorite album of mine, and the sound is great on this CD! It's better than what was on their Old Friends box set.

Capt. Bacardi
...who also picked up the new Star Wars DVD set, offline...

The only S&G I own on CD is a weak-sounding Greatest Hits from the 80s, and the box set that includes all five of their studio albums in mini-LP sleeves. Nice reissue job by Sony on these!

Captain Bacardi said:
While I didn't get Simon's solo CDs I did pick up Simon & Garfunkel's Bookends reissue (again, with bonus tracks). This has always been a all-time favorite album of mine, and the sound is great on this CD! It's better than what was on their Old Friends box set.

Bookends has always been a huge favorite of mine, too. My dad got me hooked on that album when I was really, really little - so much so that I think I knew that whole album note-for-note before I ever even started school! That album's truly a masterpiece!

Jeff F.

Bridge Over Troubled Water was the first Simon & Garfunkel album I bought; I was interested in the group when I was 10, and bought the LP for 50¢ at a garage sale... And I bought '45's of some of their other songs...

When I was REALLY interested in the group, Sounds Of Silence was what I bought next, along with Bookends, Wednesday Morning 3 AM and Parsley, Sage, Rosemary & Thyme, a few years later...

Eventually, I bought an Austailian S&G compilation, that had everything I wanted to hear on Bookends, however... But I did buy the newly reissued CD's just because I was curious about the Bonus Tracks...

Dave

...Feelin' Groovy, online... :badteeth:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom