• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

Ranking the Corr's songs!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Timothy22

Thought I'd share some thoughts about the new Corr's Album - "Borrowed Heaven". I thought I'd list the songs from my favorite to my least favorite song. 1. Angel - great song!! I find myself listening to this song the most on the Album (maybe this should have been the first single?) 2. Long night - I believe I read where this will be the 2nd single released from the album & rightly so. 3. Summer Sunshine - great song for the summer! A catchy melody (still waiting to hear it played on the radio) but I don't care for the video. 4. HumDrum - love the lyrics to this song - especially - "shrink all your clothes!" (happens to me all the time) 5. Hideaway - nice words and a driving beat which I like. 6. Time enough for tears - This song continues to grow on me - It seems so different from other Corr's songs. I didn't care much for it at first but after several listens - I like it. Very unusual song but showcases Andrea's singing ability. Also like the piano runs in the song. 7. Even if - long song - and quite boring. 8. Goodbye - 9. Borrowed heaven - makes you think about what we've been given on this earth. Everything we have is on loan. 10. Baby be brave - 11. Silver Strand - I'm not a great fan of instrumentals but the Corrs do such a nice job. 11. Confidence for quiet - song doesn't do anything for me. Lryics make little sense to me. I like this song the least. Well there you have my list - I want to hear what others have to say. Probably my "rankings" will change the more I listen to the album.

Makes me wonder about the order of songs on any new album. Do they usually place what they feel will become hits closer to the first song on the album? I remember "breathless" was #1 on the cd I believe. I've always wondered about the order & arrangement of songs on an album.
Maybe the order of the songs has more to do with the actual flow of the album rather than "Hit"value? Perhaps someone can enlighten me? Tim.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom