• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

Reunited with two old songs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harry

Charter A&M Corner Member
Staff member
Site Admin
Some songs just slip through the cracks of time, disappearing for ages until one day they resurface. When it's a good song or a happy memory associated with it, it's a joyous occasion.

Today, while digitizing some old vinyl I came across this song that I'd forgotten about for years. It's called "Airport Song" by Magna Carta from 1970. I used to hear it all the time on radio, and then it just disappeared. I found the album that it's from, SEASONS, in my record library and have just finished digitizing it.

A slightly scratchier copy is up on Youtube:

The second song I reconnected with today was one that was not in my library. I'd always fondly remembered a female vocal of a song called "Tick Tock" from around the same time. I have the song in my library by The Vogues, but couldn't remember who the female vocalist was. Suddenly today, that memory sector came to life and I remembered that it was by Connie Stevens. Sure enough, Youtube to the rescue:

It's always fun to find this lost stuff.

Harry

I had a similar experience a few weeks ago with "High" by Cheryl Dilcher. It was on some compilation I had once, but the album it came from was kind of a disappointment so I got rid of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom