• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

Rita Coolidge???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeff

This has probably been asked before, I dunno I don't make make it past the ASFY forum..but here goes...

Where in the hoo-hay is Rita Coolidge? Please provide correct sp on last name. Anyway, she was on a roll and soon rolled away. Admittedly I was somewhat surprised that Richard Carpenter didn't snag some of her tunes at a time when karen could've used the same hits. Seems as though Rita could pull a Bonnie Raitt Grammy thing with the right production. Out of the blue like Santana or Natalie. Could happen...I'd love to see someone aside from Beyonce' somebody, someone with talent, style and good old fashioned musical roots take over the awards as I remember them too long ago.

Jeff

Well, I saw Rita Coolidge in concert back in Dec. of 2000 (it was a Christmas Concert AND she sang a LOT of her hits!) and she is still touring.

She does have a website, too. I think she would have the capability to put out a new release and it WOULD NOT rank her as a "has been", either.

Quite a lot of talk at the HIP-O Website about reissuing her early stuff, too! :wink:

Dave

...still an RC (Rita Coolidge!!!) fan... :winkgrin:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom