• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

Rush: Vinyl remasters, and R40 summer tour

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rudy

¡Que siga la fiesta!
Staff member
Site Admin
Found out that Rush is releasing their albums on 200 gram remastered vinyl, beginning this month. The schedule:

Fly By Night: 1/27
Caress of Steel: 2/24
2112: 3/17
All The World's A Stage: 3/17
A Farewell to Kings: 4/21
Hemispheres: 5/19
Permanent Waves: 6/16
Moving Pictures: 7/21
Exit Stage Left: 7/21
Signals: 8/18
Grace Under Pressure: 9/15
Power Windows: 10/20
Hold Your Fire: 11/17
A Show of Hands: ?? (no date posted)

I'm mostly looking forward to Moving Pictures, Signals and Hold Your Fire, but will pick up a few of the others as well. No details as of yet if there will be any extras with the LPs, or if they will simply be replicas of the original packaging. Either way it's a nice deal. I'll report back here with sound quality as I get these in for review. It'll be interesting to see if something like Moving Pictures sounds as good as the Robert Ludwig cut original pressing--the vinyl is unfortunately known to be a bit noisy, but the sound on that cut is quite dynamic.

Also for their 40th anniversary, Rush is doing a limited tour of North America. Not sure if I'll buy a pair of tickets and earplugs and go :D or wait for the inevitable BluRay version of it. A limited pre-sale of some dates begins tomorrow, and I'm awaiting word of local presale for our area. Would really like to go to the Toronto gigs, but that is not likely to happen.

81Gs8RBhyRL._SL1500_.jpg

Last edited:
That might push me over the edge about going to the concert. May go to Columbus, Chicago or even Toronto for this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom