• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

Sergio coming to Elgin, Illinois

Status
Not open for further replies.

aymnostalgico

Like I said six months ago guys, Sergio is schuduled for Feb 21 2004 with Brasil 2004 on stage. I have purchased my single ticket to go alone. I am going to have a great time at seat A1 front-row "the golden box" area. I will take my LOOK AROUND LP to get it autographed by Sergio and of course I will be taking pictures.

I may still go, I'm waiting to hear from some friends who might want to go with. I'm troubled by the high price. But then again, I used to be able to afford Cubs games.

How bad is the price for it? As a rule I won't spend more than $60 tops. Last time Sergio was booked to play Detroit, I think the top seats were $400. He cancelled (and I would guess it was due to lack of ticket sales). $400? C'mon...that's like 6-7 weeks of groceries around here. I'd rather eat, thanks.

I think the cheapest was $40. I'm going to bring someone so multiply everything by two. I guess by todays standards, that's not too bad. Hemmens is a good venue. I've been there for Maynard Ferguson and again for Louis Bellson.

I'm leaning towards going. I want to see the long range weather forecast and if they will sell enough not to cancel.

They just had Glen Campell there. He sobered up just in time.

Well, that isn't too bad of a drive for me. The price may not be too bad then if cheaper tix are $40...as long as better seats aren't over $100! (Obviously not being sold through Ticketmaster--no listing there.) In my case I'd have to consider travel time and costs on top of it. I'd be better off waiting for a Detroit date, provided our local promoter doesn't get so greedy this time.

Balcony $40; Main Floor $42;
Golden Circle $65

http://www.cityofelgin.org/hemmens/ you'll find directions to the Hemmens here and everything else about seating arragements.

you can buy the tickets through www.tickets.com, not ticketmaster.com. I would call Hemmens and buy it from them to get a good seat. I must've been the first one to purchase and I have the worse seat in front row all the way at the end A1, but I'm gonna see Sergio and that's all it counts for me. I will enjoy myself. By the way, someone asked about cameras? tickests on the back say : no Refunds or Exchanges, No smoking in building, No cameras or recording devices. I will sneak my camera in anyways! I hope some of you go, so we can get a chance to meet.

aymnostalgico said:
Like I said six months ago guys, Sergio is schuduled for Feb 21 2004 with Brasil 2004 on stage. I have purchased my single ticket to go alone. I am going to have a great time at seat A1 front-row "the golden box" area. I will take my LOOK AROUND LP to get it autographed by Sergio and of course I will be taking pictures.

Dear aymnostalgico,

I hope you will enjoy the Sergio Mendes concert in ELGIN, Illinios tomorrow the 21th. of february.
It would be nice if you give us a short report of your evening for the forum members.
THANKs in advance!

Aqua do Brasil.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom