• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

Sergio @ Hemmen's--UPDATED POSTING!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

aymnostalgico

Suddenly the lights dimmed and Brasil 2004 started taking the stage. The band started improvising on a brazilian-flavored theme as Sergio Mendes walked from my left and sat and greeted the audience in English and Portuguese..."thank you..."obrigado" He quickly joint the fun-filled-airy-lifting-floating-like melodies and harmonies from the musicians and the two beautiful singers.

Guys, I just got inspired! The night went well for me as a musician at front-row. I gazed and looked at everything. The master played hits after hits. The musicians were excellent, particularly the percussionist who not only played percussion. He played other Brazilian instruments and Sergio gave him a 10 minute spot to show us what he had to offer up-front, along with his dancing also. I was also stunt by the professionalism of the two young lovely girls. They were all smiles to the audience and never lost sync with one another. They were in so perfect harmony, that I was getting goose bumps all night. Some of the songs he played were: Roda, Fool in the Hill, Girl from Ipanema, Look Around, Constant rain, Like a lover,The look of love, Batucada and he also played I'm never gonna let you go. He introduced a gentleman that I don't know who he is. He did the duet with one of the girls from Brasil 2004. I kinda didn't like this part of the show very much. This guy sang 3 songs too many. I liked "never gonna let you go" though. It was sort of like, please just sing that song and go, please. The guy had great pipes though. I respect him for that. I just wasn't prepared for him, because I was still floating in the air with the Bossa-novas.

Guys, the show was excellent and worth the 65 bucks I spent, but I sure left hungry for more. NOt everyone was pleased and it is obvious, Sergio couldn't play all songs even some that weren't well known, but were liked songs off the albums.
Sergio did not stay for autographs. Nobody took pictures or nothing. A lot of people I saw with record covers, in fact, some people seemed to have brought the whole collection of records to the concert. ahh, in one more thing, I think I could have been the youngest there at age 32. It was a predominantly older crowd. I am very happy that my mom and dad influenced this music on me. It was truly exceptional for me, even though I went by myself.

If you have any questions, just ask

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom