• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

Sergio Mendes (1975) Now Available in 192 Khz/24 bit from HDTracks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

wfojas

Hello to all. As a long time lurker, and even longer Sergio Mendes fan, I was excited to see earlier that HDTracks released the Elektra album Sergio Mendes in a higher resolution. Admittedly, this is material is different from the Brazil 66 sides, and of course, did not come out in A & M.

The copies I have seem a little saturated, so I hope this remastering is clearer. It remains to be seen if they will be compressed like all the recent HDTracks reissues, and while this isn't necessarily their fault (the labels themselves produce the files), seems kinda idiotic to release material with a higher bit rate, and the reduce the dynamic range of the music, itself.

I know a lot of people dislike the Elektra releases, but this album was a big hit abroad. I didnt realize that the songs were so heavily played in the Philippines, until I recently acquired a copy of the album. And while they are all covers (?) these are pretty familiar, if not necessarily definitive versions of the songs, again due to amount of airplay it had back then, when I was growing up.

Hope someone else considers buying the tracks from HDTracks, so they can see that a market exists for these types of reissues. (I am in no way affiliated with, or work for HDTracks, I am just a customer, LOL).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom