• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

sergio top 10 poll

Status
Not open for further replies.
this might be fun. (we do it occasionally in the "goddesses of rock in roll" yahoo group that i belong to, for different artists.) list your top 10 favorite sergio songs (in order). any era, any song.

the order is important as the higher up the song is the more points it gets. after new years i will tally them and post the results. wonder what single song this group as a whole, likes best?

also list comments if you want. (i'm sure it will be fun reading all you die-hards comments.) (i'm as die hard as they get)

i'll start with mine. (these are the way i feel today anyway.) as you all know they could change at the drop of a hat. (also if you want, i'm doing one on the herb alpert section too)

1. for me (it just grabbed me the first time i heard it in the sears record department, as a teen in the sixties. i thought it was the most beautiful thing i'd ever heard. i still do)

2. lapinha (those 3 Portuguese songs on the "fool on the hill" lp are just sheer perfection)

3. viramundo (and lani shares the spotlight with everyone. for such a late album it still sounds so authentic)

4.upa neguinho (one of the "three")

5. like a lover (simply (for me) the most sexy performance of one of the sexiest songs ever)

6. roda (this one's a heart stopper)

7. laia ladaia (reza) (the last of mt "three" faves)

8. so many stars (how could they come up with such a beautiful beautiful song? and how gorgeous are those strings?)

9. pretty world (i did a painting of lani once with a yellow balloon floating in the sky)

10. dois dias (and they could still do it on album 5)

1. Viola
2. Pretty World
3. Like A Lover
4. So Many Stars
5. Crystal Illusions
6. For Me
7. Cinnamon and Clove
8. Look Around
9. Fool On The Hill
10. Laia Ladaia (Reza)

---Michael Hagerty

Very difficult to limit to 10-and I'm sure some of my choices would be different if you asked me tomorrow-well, here goes my 10 (in no particular order) 1.Voce Abusou 2. Like a Lover 3. Viramundo 4. For Me 5. Double Rainbow 6. Watch What Happens 7. Pais Tropical 8. Bim Bom 9. Waters of March 10. Laia Ladaia(Reza) Wow! Nothing from Magic Lady or Timeless-fancy that.

hey mike what lp is "Voce Abusou" from? thanks for voting. if you get a chance could you please put them in order? i know it's a pain, but that's how my points system works.

1. Mas Que Nada

2. Like A Lover

3. The Fool On The Hill

4. Look Around

5. Pretty World

6. Crystal Illusions

7. Ye-Me-Le

8. For What It's Worth

9. Pais Tropical

10. Promise of a Fisherman

Dave

Status