• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

Sexy

Status
Not open for further replies.

TulitaPepsi

Just back from Tower records where I listened to "Sexy" by the Black Eyed Peas (featuring Sergio Mendes).

Well, ummm. It sure is not what you'd expect from Sergio, who opens the track playing 'How Insensitive", then tears into an overdubbed rap about "You're sexy...lets take off our clothers..It's better than Extacy when you are layin' next to be..I want me to to be INSIDE you" (I'm paraphrasing, but you get the idea)..It's so sexy sexy It fels so right and good like Ser-gee-o Mendes playing the pi-an-o.." Then Sergio cuts in with more "How Insensitive" with some rap beats in the background for about 30 seconds. Not surprisingly, this is the best part of the song, and sounds NOTHING like anything we've heard from Mr. Mendes in the past. While it lasts, it's chillingly, palpatingly exciting. listening. A whole ALBUM in this direction could be a "Primal Roots meets Hip-Hop meets a 21st century urban Lani-Karen diva groove" .

Oh, then the track goes back into and finishes with more third-rate 'sexy' rap. Queen Latifah it aint.

While the song isn't worthy of Sergio's talents, within it is a tantalizing hint of what "Sergio Mendes & Brasil 2004" might be. And I can't wait!

As usual (should this surprise anyone who knows me and Paul?), this is my impression exactly. Paul hit the nail on the head. If "Sexy" is any indication, Sergio Mendes & Brasil 2004 could prove to be an exciting groove in Sergio's career.

Jon

...just as excited with Sergio Mendes & Brasil 2004, online...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom