• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

Solid Gold Sergio!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TulitaPepsi

...I'm shocked to hear that Sergio used NO FEMALE SINGERS on that Pizzulo show!

The strangest A&M thing I've ever seen on TV (in a vaguely similar vein) was on Robin Byrd's late-night cable show "Robin's Men for Men" where a male stripper who looked like Joe Pesci's twin brother 'performed' while singing "This Guys In Love With You".

MasterLcZ said:
...I'm shocked to hear that Sergio used NO FEMALE SINGERS on that Pizzulo show!

I remember seeing Sergio on Solid Gold...he used Kate Markowitz as a background vocalist. I don't recall seeing Joe perform alone, though I could be wrong.

When Sergio & Company performed "Take This Love" on The Tonight Show, Joe fronted the group, while Kate Markowitz provided the background vocals, as well as the female solo.

Otherwise, Sergio appeared on Solid Gold with The New Brasil '77 & Brasil '88...all of them with his (then) usual roster of female vocalists. I'm with you...I'm surprised that Sergio would use NO FEMALE SINGERS (and wonder if he did!)

Jon

Maybe I am being stupid (don't answer), but bearing in mind his type of music, how could he NOT use female vocalists. Surely hen it wouldn't be Sergio and Brasil whatever??? :o

Terry

Confetti was basically a showcase for the talents of Joe Pizzulo. Then again, the girls did provide background vocals, so it was basically a new direction as far as Sergio was concerned.

Jon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom