• Our Album of the Week features will return in June.

Thanks for the fantastic website

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duckeggs001

Hi

I have just joined after having this site recommended to me. I have a sastantial record collection that I have been building since 1967 and it does contain a large number of A&M singles and albums some of which are rare.

The question I had in mind has been well answered here about Sergio Mendez Night and day LP feat. Brasil '77 which is a bit of an anominy really as Brasil '66 is really the true name for his fantastic backing band.

I am primarily a Herb Alpert fan, but like to listen and buy a wide range of music and as a vocalist I rate Sergio amongst the best of the last forty years.

I don't necessarilly regard myself as an expert but I am always happy to help where needed.

Welcome to the Forum!

NIGHT AND DAY was one of those "special market" releases, originating in Great Britain and surfacing on the budget Mayfair label, distributed by PYE.

In the '70s, Sergio Mendes had tried to change the name of his group to keep up with the times to "Brasil '77". With personnel changes and even a record label change, the two are truly separate entities.

Since Sergio had left A&M, the label attempted to capitalize on the group's older recordings by releasing some older tracks and hits compilations to compete in the marketplace with Sergio's '70s recordings on Bell and Elektra. By using the Brasil '77 moniker on the old Brasil '66 recordings, the compilations didn't look as "dated" to the buying public, I suppose.

The NIGHT AND DAY track listing for those who care:

Watch What Happens
So Many Stars
Wave
Tristeza (Goodbye Sadness)
Night And Day

Like A Lover
Roda
For Me
Cinnamon & Clove
So Danco Samba

Harry

Welcome to A&M Corner, Duckeggs! You'll find we're a musically diverse and happy group here. Looking forward to your contributions and participation!

--Mr Bill

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom