• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

danny

Thanks for the reply on my Mrs. Jerry Moss question---always wondered! I got to meet Herb back during the Bullish tour---Saratoga Springs NY. Will always remember the way the concert opened---Sergio Mendez playing Taste of Honey on the marimba---then the band opening with El' Solo Toro'--
Also had the painter--who looked like he was lost at first, throwing colors on a canvass that all of a sudden turned into Herb and his horn. I would love to get my hands on a recording of that show---blew me away!!! Herb was very approachable afterwards---got the symbolic picture with him and Lani, along with my wife and I and of coarse the autograph. We talked about a song he performed on the Paul Anka "Painter" album--song was titled Aldous---typical Alpert sound---"haunting and pensive"

danny said:
I got to meet Herb back during the Bullish tour---Saratoga Springs NY. Will always remember the way the concert opened---Sergio Mendez playing Taste of Honey on the marimba---then the band opening with El' Solo Toro'--

Sergio Mendes does NOT play marimba - it was Julius Wechter!!!

Capt. Bacardi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom