• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

The 5th Dimension travelling sunshine show

Status
Not open for further replies.

Man

The 5th Dimension travelling sunshine show : - with Dionne Warwick, the Carpenters and Merle Haggard - [videorecording].

For those living in Hong Kong or tourists may be interested in visiting Hong Kong world's top3 Central Library. The great thing is there are a lots of Carpenters materials.

One rare item (at least I think) is the video metioned above which features
Richard and Karen performing Superstar, Reason to believe and a short comedy coacted with the 5th Dimension. It's worth to have a watch.
(The pity thing is it 's reference material and you can only watch it inside the library. )

Below is the catalogue site for this material
http://202.85.101.130/webpac_eng/wgbroker.exe?200204221841060765480+2+search+page+3+20+10

Thanks for the tip. It's nice to know that if I travelled all the way to Hong Kong, I could still have a little bit of "home."

Somewhere in my VHS recordings of Carpenters TV material, I have the portions of the show in which Karen & Richard appeared. And if memory serves me, that show is (or was) commercially available in the United States.

Harry
...heading to work, online...

[edit] Sure enough, it's listed at amazon as still available on VHS:

6302251230.01.MZZZZZZZ.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/6302251230/qid=1019476956/ref=sr_11_0_1/103-3012630-7475053

I found this thread in the search field, (cool search field by the way on this site, first time I am using it)

I saw this DVD listed at TowerRecords, Does anyone have this DVD?

The first poster said, "Richard and Karen performing Superstar, Reason to believe and a short comedy coacted with the 5th Dimension"

Is this right? What year was this? Is this a live recording or are the lip syching the Lp track? Is this footage that Richard would have added to one of his VHS or DVD releases? Or is this exclusive video from this travelling sunshine show special?

...realizing I may have to add this to my collection, online.

I bought the DVD at Tower Records for $9.99. The Carpenters performances are good but the "skit" they do with the Fifth Dimension is pretty bad.

Karen and Richard's performances are lip-synched to the album versions on the show, not performed live. It's a bit disappointing, but the video quality is so good that it makes this a worthwhile purchase (especially at $9.99).

David

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom