• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

The Sailboat 1981clip from Sergio

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aqua do Brasil

Dear forum members,

In a TV special broadcast fabout the famous American Movie star CANDICE BERGEN whom visited ANTONIO CARLOS JOBIM in Rio de Janeiro and talked about Brazilian music there was one videoclip included from Sergio Mendes and Gracinha performing the song Horizonte Aberto on a sailing yacht.

It was broadcast on Dutch television but from an US broadcast cy.
No VCR at the time, such a pity.

Maybe anyone can help to discover that video clip, it would be great!

All the best,
Aqua do Brasil

It was included in a 1 hour TV show, apparently done to promote the Horizonte Aberto album. It was done by Globo in Brazil. I happened to catch it when it aired on SIN (Spanish International Network).

Steve Sidoruk said:
It was included in a 1 hour TV show, apparently done to promote the Horizonte Aberto album. It was done by Globo in Brazil. I happened to catch it when it aired on SIN (Spanish International Network).

Dear Steve,

Your a lucky guy!
I started with VCR in april 1985 so I missed the possibly to tape it.

Thanks, and take good care.
BTW, I like your photographs of Sergio’s concerts.

All the best,
Aqua do Brasil

I think I have it somewhere in one of my many piles of tapes. My favorite moment is the band playing Misturada on the roof--with Sergio in front of a Rhodes (acoustic piano is actually on the track), with the rest of the band with their electric instruments as well, with nary a cord or plug in sight! I guess they were "finger-synching".

...it isn't very long.
But I have it on VHS right here. I could probably convert it to Flash or QuickTime and e-mail it, it's that short.

...it isn't very long.
But I have it on VHS right here. I could probably convert it to Flash or QuickTime and e-mail it, it's that short.

Dear Richard,

Wonderful if you could convert it to quicktime or flash for sharing with the forum members!

THANKS AND TAKE GOOD CARE,

Aqua do Brasil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom