• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

TJB in Lego

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Bill

Gentlemanly Curmudgeon
Staff member
My fellow mods and regulars here know I'm a Lego fan in addition to being a TJB (as well as A&M Records and I.R.S. records) fan...

Almost every community has a LUG or "Lego Users Group" for AFOLs, or "Adult Fans Of Lego."

Well, I found the San Diego group and joined. My first monthly meeting with the group had a "Lego Rock Band" contest. I entered a TJB stage " scene. My pitch to the "jury" was that contests and American Idol were tailored to rock and/or soloists. I expressed my desire to see a "Jazz Idol" or multi-instrument versions of these particualr games...

Anyway, my entry won the grand prize at my first meeting so I was pretty excited. One member runs a FLICKR account and I learned that an image or two or three of my TJB scene is posted there. Here's a link:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lights/4033076901/in/pool-sandlug

They're slightly different than the images here at A&M corner from a few years ago... Unfortunately I misplace Tonni and (since I was going for the "classic" here) removed Julius. But they're not bad images. I think I may have taken a bit of an edge in the competition by showing pictures of my "Lego Bull" and "Whipped Lego" album cover reproductions next to my model. Then, on the other hand, I may have won simply because they wanted to make the "new guy" feel welcome! (Which I do).

I'll post any A&M-related models here in the future... :wink:

--Mr Bill

Yeh, real neat, Mr. Bill, real neat...

Concert, stage, audience, staff, security, and all...!!!! :winkgrin:

Dave

I'll have more when my Lego site is finished (and I have the $ to host it somewhere)...

What doesn't show is that it's beach concert, with Lego crabs and clams and even a lego diver popping out of the surf. The audience even has certain porous, absorbent, yellow guy (and his friends) from a place called Bikini Bottom....

Still doing my A&M/IRS LP cover reproduction in Lego... No hints -- I want to keep you in suspense. :wink:

--Mr Bill
yeah, so it's a weird hobby. But there are thousands of us adult Lego fans out there... There's even a magazine marketed to us!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom