• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

TJB Shout! Factory Press Release

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steve Sidoruk

Founder, A&M Fan Net
Staff member
Polishing the Brass

Tijuana Brass, that is. In February, Shout! Factory proudly launches the Herb Alpert Signature Series, which includes reissues of many of Herb’s Tijuana Brass recordings from the 1960s, plus Lost Treasures, a new compilation of previously unreleased and rare gems. The series kicks off with The Lonely Bull, South Of The Border and the aforementioned Treasures. Fret not: The iconic Whipped Cream & Other Delights — yes, the one with the hot cover — follows these releases closely with additional titles scheduled throughout the year and into 2006. And if that’s not enough Alpert for your soul, Herb and his A&M Records partner, Jerry Moss, are working with UCLA to establish a historical record of one of the music businesses greatest eras. A number of recordings, business papers, photos and promotional items from the duo’s A&M years will be exhibited as The A&M Archive, from January to March 2005. Visit HerbAlpert.com for more information.

Mike Blakesley said:
reissues of many of Herb’s Tijuana Brass recordings from the 1960s

Uh-oh.

Perhaps it is a "loose use of language" and doesn't really mean anything in particular? In other words, that no real meaning would be ascribed to that particular choice of words?

I hope that's the case!

We still have the original word from Randy that ALL of the records would be released, and if they are going into 2006, there's enough time for all of them if they come out 3 at a time. Fingers crossed here.

Fret not, Cornerites. The plan. as stated by Randy Badazz to Capt. Bacardi is to release all of the original albums on CD. In addition, I called Shout Factory this afternoon and they are tentatively planning releases into 2006. You all know about WHIPPED CREAM in April. GOING PLACES, WHAT NOW MY LOVE, & SRO are tentatively scheduled for June release. SOUNDS LIKE, HERB ALPERT'S NINTH, & THE BEAT OF THE BRASS are tentatively scheduled for August release. CHRISTMAS ALBUM is scheduled for October release. That's all that's on the books at the moment, but I have faith that the others will follow. I have some more news but am at work now and will have to post it later tonight in a new thread.

David,
enjoying being the bearer of good news.........................

I seem to recall that someone mentioned 16 total CDs...? Averaging about two CDs every two months, that would hit the target of early to mid 2006 for the last of the reissues.

I think that the press release was referring to the fact that not ALL of the TJB albums will be reissued...don't forget that there are no plans to offer GREATEST HITS or SOLID BRASS or any of the other compilations this time around.

I think that was what the wording meant.

Hey, Neil...could you post a bigger image of your new avatar? It looks good enough to be the cover shot for LOST TREASURES.

Dan

DAN BOLTON said:
Hey, Neil...could you post a bigger image of your new avatar? It looks good enough to be the cover shot for LOST TREASURES.

Dan

And, after reading the next related thread, I see that IT IS!!!

Dan, quoting himself... :angel:

Mike Blakesley said:
reissues of many of Herb’s Tijuana Brass recordings from the 1960s

Uh-oh.

I take this to mean that there are many TJB songs and albums to be released. I've heard from my sources that the entire catalogue will, indeed, be released through 2006.

Jon

:D Hurraay at last we get a new album from the greatest trumpet player ever Herb Alpert, and additionally with the greatest band ever, within the pop music in the 60`s and early 70`s. I am lokking forward to it, espescially am I lokking forward to Herb`s version of Bacharach/Davids "Close to you" and The Beatles And I Love Her, it is nice to get them in my collection.
Also I am looking forward to the remastering of the old albums, that will be released later this year.
It semms that it will be a great Alpert TJB., year this year, thanks to all who got the Idea.
Best Wishes
Stig Rugaard
Denmark

10juana said:
:D Hurraay at last we get a new album from the greatest trumpet player ever Herb Alpert, and additionally with the greatest band ever, within the pop music in the 60`s and early 70`s. I am lokking forward to it, espescially am I lokking forward to Herb`s version of Bacharach/Davids "Close to you" and The Beatles And I Love Her, it is nice to get them in my collection.
Also I am looking forward to the remastering of the old albums, that will be released later this year.
It semms that it will be a great Alpert TJB., year this year, thanks to all who got the Idea.
Best Wishes
Stig Rugaard
Denmark

Hi, and Welcome!

I am sensing that an international support for the reissues is evident.

We here can, using the international reach and influence of the Internet as this website shows, do much to bring back - not that they really ever left - Herb Alpert and the Tijuana Brass.

Yes, it promises to be a great year for the return of the TJB on disc.
:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom