• Our Album of the Week features will return in June.

TJB Videos & TV appearances

Status
Not open for further replies.

wvacampfire

I very vivdly remember the TV special where the TJB played Quiet Tear (from the Lonely Bull LP) while amongst the dilapidated buildings of Ellis Island (then unrestored) with videos of the immigrants coming to America playing. Does anyone know which special that was and are there videos or dvds of those special available? Thanks! Jeff

That was from "The Beat Of The Brass" TV Special. It went from "A Quiet Tear" to "If I Were A Rich Man", then back to "Quiet Tear" again.

Capt. Bacardi

Those same images were later used in the VERY BEST OF video with the song "Jerusalem" playing behind it. Pretty effective.

Harry

Thanks, sounds like that would be impressive too. Of all their music (which I like) that one sticks out the clearest just because of the imagery that was used.

Just yesterday I was watching the "Jerusalem" version of this imagery and was nearly moved to tears. VERY moving!

--Mr Bill

The "Jerusalem" version is on the Japanese Videotape/Laserdisc The VEry Best of HErb ALpert, a video that was released in conjunction with the LP of the same name.

--Mr Bill

Yes, but it was originally released by A&M U.K. on PAL video tape in 1991. As part of the whole project, the music came out as a CD, vinyl and cassette. The Japanese video tape and laser disc were issued about two years later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom