• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

"TRANSMISSIONS" - worth buying?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PHIL

Found this on Amazon UK. £5.98, but thought I'd see if you guys had any info on it! Says "enhanced cd and book set" on cover.

1. Opening Medley
2. Top Of The World
3. Help
4. Mr Guder
5. Close To You
6. Jambalaya
7. Yesterday Once More
8. Oldies Medley
9. Sing
10. Sometimes
11. We've Only Just Begun
12. For All We Know
13. Close To You
14. Jambalaya
15. Yesterday Once More

Anyone have this? What does "opening medley" contain? Not sure it's worth adding to my already considerable Carpenters library!

As I recall this is the semi-unathorized soundtrack to the Budokkan concert but from what I've heard, it doesn't sound very good. Do search here on "Transmissions" and you'll probably find an earlier discussion. I seem to recall some people bought it and sent it back.

Harry

Here is the thread that speaks of this release

http://www.amcorner.com/forum/viewt...tdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=transmissions

As I noted I received a full refund after getting this, I just didn't need this since I have Live at Budakon on DVD-R and dubbed the audio for myself personally. I only ordered it thinking it was a different program than Live at Budakon but it wasn't.

It's typical bootleg fashion, the logo on front is wrong but after receiving it I noticed the back says:
This CD and Book set is unauthorized and not associated or approved by the Carpenters or by his past or present management.

Why could they not include that on the order write up, they dup the buyer by placing it in small writing on the back of the CD so that it won't be all over the internet or websites for sale, websites generally don't show back pics of products like this. The videos included are pretty bad quality and only viewable from PC in a small window.

Chris & Harry, thanks so much for your prompt and informative responses! I certainly won't bother with it now.

It's great that we can support each other on here, long may it continue!

Greetings from UK.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom