• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

Treasures

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rick-An Ordinary Fool

According to Fan Club Newsletter # 88 it says: I'm assuming this is year 1988.

"During the month of September a deluxe double "CD" set was released in Japan. It is called "Treasures" and it features 28 of Richard's favorite Carpenters' "album cuts" as well as one heretofore unreleased recording "Slow Dance." Nine of the songs where remixed for this set"

Can someone list for me the 9 songs remixed for this set.

Is Slow Dance remixed too or is this the same version that is on Lovelines?

The 9 tracks that were remixed in 1987 are:

• All Of My Life
    Eve
    Baby It's You
    Reason To Believe
    Love Is Surrender
    Maybe It's You
    A Song For You
    Crystal Lullabye
    I Can't Make Music

Hello!

Slow Dance isn't remixed, it's as you hear it on Lovelines.

Interesting that this set is described by Richard in his liner notes as being laid out chronologically, but after 'Now', you get Slow Dance and Look To Your Dreams, both of which were recorded in 1978. Maybe it's becuase he put the finishing touches to them in 83, therefore they weren't officially 'finished' until that year.

It's one of my favourite collections though out of all the compilations I own, I play it all the time. I would have loved to have seen 'One Love' on there too though, it's the only album cut I think of that is missing that would have been great sitting amongst Let Me Be The One and the songs from A Song For You.

Stephen

Thanks you guys, this is one compilation that I keep hitting myself for not getting, it's the one compilation that I keep going back to saying, I need to get this. Well maybe one day.

N.P. A Song for You, Karen sung by Jacintha, online..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom