• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

Various T.J.B. singles that clearly differed from L.P...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Throughout these decades, at thrift shops and other venues where one could locate 'used' records, I've had the opportunity to listen and sometimes purchase these oddities(well, I listened to most, and bought a couple, not realizing at that time how rare those disks were)...suffice to say, that had I been more savvy, then I'd have bought the original 45 version of "Great Manolete" (la vigin de la macarena, or no, I'm not going to quipe here about whether or not there are v¡rgins that do the now legendary dance, or that most macareners are non-v's, so we'll leave it to the Swinger From Seville to enlighten us. and a quick 'by-the-way', and my second sidebar in this letter, which follows the other, qualifying it as a sidebar to a sidebar, and being observed within a sidebar. Such Talent...lol 'tis what happenz when one chugs hookah :rotf:
Thing is, being the jazz buff that Alpert is, it shouldn't come as any surprise that along the way, he'd record material that has it's roots in jazz
("Work Song" is notable example, but also is Swinger From Somis" err Seville)...here is a melody that bears a certain resemblance to a melody that the famous jazz pianist/composer Thelonious Sphere Monk created, and in
'Seville', one can also detect T.S.M.'s classic "Blue Monk", so maybe "songs with a jazz feeling" can become a future topic...o.m.g. I just committed another :–îîî–<( ta daaaaaa PSYDEBAHRR

I shall monentarilly glance on the intended topic that I opened with, and then make like a banana and split. Should you find the 'single' version of
"Mexican Corn", and at a decent price (mine cost me about a dollar at a thrift store), but what I wasn't prepared for was an overdubbed piano
playing the stringbass' notes. What a discovery, and one more sidethingy and I'm outta here. The term stringbass originated in order be differenciated from the 'brass bass', or tuba. Now, aren't you glad that you stayed with this message long enough to learn that 'fun to know and tell' item, so if on Jeopardy, it appears, shout at the top of your lungs "what's a tuba?", and with any luck(hardy harr harr), someone may go into their attic, having been inspired by you hysterical question, and may dust off their horn, and provide you and your neighbors with hours of 'oomp bomp-bomp'...come to think of it, maybe one should not verbally respond...well, that's it for now. and I'll leave it to you and the T.J.B. Dudes to do whatever you wish with this.

And with that, to your great relief :goodie: I'll be outta here.

Warm Wishes,
yer fav'tie hookahhead from Ventura
(the place that understandably inspired a certain wrestler's name)

L8ER L8ER L8ER L8ER L8ER L8ER L8ER L8ER L8ER L8ER L8ER L8ER L8ER L8ER

venturaguy49 said:
Throughout these decades, at thrift shops and other venues where one could locate 'used' records, I've had the opportunity to listen and sometimes purchase these oddities(well, I listened to most, and bought a couple, not realizing at that time how rare those disks were)...suffice to say, that had I been more savvy, then I'd have bought the original 45 version of "Great Manolete" (la vigin de la macarena, or no, I'm not going to quipe here about whether or not there are v¡rgins that do the now legendary dance, or that most macareners are non-v's, so we'll leave it to the Swinger From Seville to enlighten us. and a quick 'by-the-way', and my second sidebar in this letter, which follows the other, qualifying it as a sidebar to a sidebar, and being observed within a sidebar. Such Talent...lol 'tis what happenz when one chugs hookah :rotf:
Thing is, being the jazz buff that Alpert is, it shouldn't come as any surprise that along the way, he'd record material that has it's roots in jazz
("Work Song" is notable example, but also is Swinger From Somis" err Seville)...here is a melody that bears a certain resemblance to a melody that the famous jazz pianist/composer Thelonious Sphere Monk created, and in
'Seville', one can also detect T.S.M.'s classic "Blue Monk", so maybe "songs with a jazz feeling" can become a future topic...o.m.g. I just committed another :–îîî–<( ta daaaaaa PSYDEBAHRR

I shall monentarilly glance on the intended topic that I opened with, and then make like a banana and split. Should you find the 'single' version of
"Mexican Corn", and at a decent price (mine cost me about a dollar at a thrift store), but what I wasn't prepared for was an overdubbed piano
playing the stringbass' notes. What a discovery, and one more sidethingy and I'm outta here. The term stringbass originated in order be differenciated from the 'brass bass', or tuba. Now, aren't you glad that you stayed with this message long enough to learn that 'fun to know and tell' item, so if on Jeopardy, it appears, shout at the top of your lungs "what's a tuba", and with any luck, or lack of, someone may go into their attic, having been inspired by you hysterical question, and may dust off their horn, and provide you and your neighbors with hours of 'oomp bomp-bomp'...come to think of it, maybe one should not verbally respond...well, that's it for now. and I'll leave it to you and the T.J.B. Dudes to do whatever you wish with this.

And with that, to your great relief :goodie: I'll be outta here.

Warm Wishes,
yer fav'tie hookahhead from Ventura
(the place that understandably inspired a certain wrestler's name)

L8ER L8ER L8ER L8ER L8ER L8ER L8ER L8ER L8ER L8ER L8ER L8ER L8ER L8ER

hi ventruaguy
here is a list of the single releases that are different from the mono lp's
single release of a taste of honey the last part there is no second note where as the stereo version has that. the mono version of taste of honey is the same on the mono version.

mexican corn the single version has a piano part where as the mono version is the same as the same with out the piano part

tijuana taxi and zorba the greek is totally different from the stereo verision. with extra horn honks.

numero cino has the into part on both the single and mono of south of the border.

spanish flea has the maracas more on the single release than on the stereo lp and mono.
bob papp

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom