• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

Vinyl to CD

Status
Not open for further replies.

BOBTHE BUILDER

:) Hi all,
Just registered as a new member in the UK.

I am trying to replace all my Herb Alpert & the TJB vinyl albums with CD'S but am totally stuck with one release.
The vinyl album is entitled WARM. Does anyone know if this is available on CD.
I have tried numerous online stores, have also searched the A & M site and the Universal music site.
None of the stores have the album and both sites , after a search, report UNKNOWN!
I have a friend who is in the USA at present. She has tried many record stores and none of them have any any info on the album / CD.

Does anyone have any info please?
Just after midnight here, so now bedding down.

Good night all.

BOBTHE BUILDER said:
:) Hi all,
Just registered as a new member in the UK.

I am trying to replace all my Herb Alpert & the TJB vinyl albums with CD'S but am totally stuck with one release.
The vinyl album is entitled WARM. Does anyone know if this is available on CD.
I have tried numerous online stores, have also searched the A & M site and the Universal music site.
None of the stores have the album and both sites , after a search, report UNKNOWN!
I have a friend who is in the USA at present. She has tried many record stores and none of them have any any info on the album / CD.

Does anyone have any info please?
Just after midnight here, so now bedding down.

Good night all.

WARM is only available digitally as a download album through iTunes in the US.

My suggestion is to have your friend in the US sign up for iTunes and then pay for the download of the album, which can be written out to CD if the computer has a CD writer capability.

Other than that, the only solution is via needledrop - recording a vinyl album to CD.

Many Herb Alpert fans were disappointed in this arrangement, but it appears that Herb has little regard for his 1969 album, and didn't want it in the CD marketplace.

Harry

:) Good morning to you,
Thanks to both Harry and Les for the reply's, albeit something I didn't really want to hear.
Amazon UK also offer "WARM" as a download facility, so it looks like I'll have to go that way.

Herb is always known to be a "perfectionist" with his music, which is no bad thing. It is sad for us fans that he had little regard for the album and decided not to release on CD.
Your input is much appreciated guys.
I will keep up with the forums. It's good to know that there is such a wide and well informed fan base out there.
Goodbye from a very wet North of England

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom