• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

Warm CD on eBay

Status
Not open for further replies.
Based in the picture it doesn't look like anything that would be authorized by A&M or anyone in the Herb Alpert camp. :thumbsdn: Wait for the re-issue!! :wink: I'm sure that it will be much better and worth the wait! :thumbsup:

Yeah, I wasn't thinking about bidding on it. It looks like they're trying to make it look like an MFSL Original Master Recording release. Nice try.

I'd say it's a fake and a CDR. I suppose there's a slim chance it's a pre-release proof of a Shout!Factory reissue, but it seems a little early for one of those (if they exist) to hit any review or other semi-public markets...

--Mr Bill

Can we say "knock off"??? :confused:

Jon

...content to wait for (as Sergio & The New Brasil '77 say) the real thing...

The CD looks like one of the gold-topped Kodak ones, that were the first CD-R blanks I used back in the olden days of the late 90s. They were good quality blanks but were expensive. I would bet this is not one of those though, but a cheap knockoff.

At least the "producer" preserved the album's logo, but this is still a poor quality phony.

By comparison, it almost looks as if the seller/compiler was attempting to make the "Warm" CD look like one of the Universal/MCA "Ultimate Hits" collection series by Sergio Mendes.

Check it out...

e4_1_b.JPG

In comparison to:

59_1_b.JPG

Jon :laugh:

I purchased "The Brass are Comin" on CD in NYC with the same exact jewel case insert and cd art and it's excellent. Can't beat the convenience of listening to the CD in the car. Unfortunately, I can't play my records in my car. LOL!!! I'm going bid on this one because it looks identical the CD I have. I hope it doesn't go too high!

I hate to say it but life is too short to wait for certain LPs to be released on to CD. After buying it in many formats, I have the right to transfer an open reel or LP to CD for my enjoyment. If Herb Alpert wants to keep it (WARM) in a vault and not release it on CD , thats his thing. Selling it on Ebay, however, is fairly brazen.

For people like me who don't know the first thing about transferring a record to a CD this is great. I'm sorry there are some of you who don't think this is a good thing, but I'm thrilled at an opportunity to get this CD. My CD of "The Brass are Comin" looks real to me.

Hi Wes and welcome to A&M Corner!!

I also have a CD-R copy of BEAT OF THE BRASS, as well as an original CD copy I paid a great deal for on eBay. I don't know if you're aware of this or not, but Herb is releasing the TJB titles on CD through Shout Factory Records -- the first titles to become available in February, for which most of us die hard fans cannot wait.

However, like you, I see nothing wrong with obtaining a rarity if there's no other option out there. No, we do not condone Piracy here at A&M Corner, but we're collectors all the same. Rare and unusual items that we collect come to us in rare and unusual ways...the "nature" of any collector.

But remember: the TJB titles will be released in their entirety throughout 2006. That said, if you can wait and get the real thing at a much more reasonable price, you'd be doing yourself a favor...not to mention the additional material and possible expanded releases within the upcoming releases themselves.

Take a look through our Herb Alpert & The Tijuana Brass Forum where the reissues and most questions you may have will likely be answered. And, again...Welcome to The Corner!! :)

Jon

Thank you for your nice words and I'm glad to be part of the community. I appreciate your concern by waiting until the real thing is released. In the past there have been many titles where I have waited for a reissue on CD, but they never happened. There is all this hype with announcements and no delivery of the product. I will take my chances on this one and if it's reissued I'll get that one too. Your right "Rare and unusual items that we collect come to us in rare and unusual ways...the "nature" of any collector."

You know, they call me the "Brasil Nut" because I'm an avid fan of Sergio Mendes. For years, we never thought his Brasil '66/'77 A&M catalogue, let alone the majority of his Elektra releases would see the light of day, but they did, a couple of years ago. That said, I recall trying to get a hold of anything and everything I could related to Sergio and his music...still do. Only difference being, now we're seeing the originals in CD format, whereas this was not a possibility two or three years ago.

The TJB material is on the way; of this I can assure you. However, the eBay item is a different and unusual find. Good luck in whatever you decide to do. Like you, we're all ready and anxious to have the TJB catalogue back on the market again.

Jon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom