• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

Wendell Johnson's TJB Tour Booklet Pages

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harry

Charter A&M Corner Member
Staff member
Site Admin
A number of years ago, TjB fan and former Forum member Wendell Johnson created his own website as an online Fan Club for the Tijuana Brass on his old AOL account.

When we heard of his passing, and knowing that Wendell didn't have any heirs, we knew that someday AOL would shut down the account and his work would be lost for all time.

So, behind the scenes, our host Rudy "rescued" many of the pages that Wendell had created. One such section was his attempt to share a TjB tour booklet.

While Wendell may not have been the world's greatest webpage designer and was limited by the old AOL system, he had a passion for sharing his stuff with other fans. While the pages are still saved here, they are not directly "linkable". That is, if you click on any of Wendell's page links at the top and bottom of pages you'll most likely end up at an A&M Corner home page or a message from AOL about the "Hometown" system being shut down.

I've gone in and poked around and found these tour booklet pages that Wendell scanned all those years ago. Actually, he scanned the pictures and typed the text onto his webpage background.

Follow these links - and only these links to Wendell's TjB Tour Book pages:

Pages 1 2 and 3
Page 4
Page 5
Page 6
Page 7
Page 8
Page 9
Page 10
Page 11
Pages 12 and 13
Page 14
Page 15
Page 16
Page 17
Page 18
Page 19
Pages 20 and 21
Page 22
Pages 23 and 24

I'm a ol' sentimentalist, so thanks a million Harry for posting this TJB tour booklet. The booklet had a lot of substance to it including Herb's comments and the detailed biographies of all the guys associated with the Brass. It's always great to go down memory lane with awesome stuff like this. It captured the times perfectly.

I also echo lj's sentiments Harry - Thank You!

But I also would like to thank Wendell. RIP you VIP and THANK YOU
for the TJB Memories.

I just hoped his stuff did end up in some loving hands by chance and not in a dumpster.

Well, Wendell was a cool guy & I'm glad his stuff is preserved... I enjoyed seeing it!

I remember him on the old A&M D/B, how he gave me advice (& yet in the middle of one of his "disputes" w/ a another "former member" of this forum) on "To Be A Musician", & to just take advantage of the opportunity at "any gathering", which I did anytime I had my guitar (& a set of songs)...

Just one of those things where Wendell was a real neat guy (& great how he gave me one of those "yet, I never got to thank him", type o' things!)...

Dave

Great posting! I really miss Wendell. It was on his site, I first learned of Nick's passing. I remember a song Wendell had a link to about the Mississippi or something like that.It would be cool to hear that again if someone could find it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom