• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

what happened to facebook?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pdxet2

Maybe I missed a post, but just noticed the herb and lani Facebook page has disappeared? they are not on my friends list anymore ;-(

I have avoided Facebook because of a serious security privacy situation there, and for a high profiler like Herb, he probably doesn't want the risks...

You don't seriously believe Herb and Lani had anything to do with that page, do you? It was probably started by some fan, discovered by Herb's 'people,' and removed.

Mike Blakesley said:
You don't seriously believe Herb and Lani had anything to do with that page, do you? It was probably started by some fan, discovered by Herb's 'people,' and removed.

What about his Twitter account?

Mike Blakesley said:

Thanks for your reply, but it doesn't strike me that you have the definitive word either ...

No, but I know enough about show business to know that most celebrities don't maintain their own Facebook pages, especially in the doubtful privacy environment that site is pushing right now.

Also I never said my word was definitive -- I said "probably."

I'm fairly certain that Herb's Facebook was authentic. I checked his Twitter and he had links to his Facebook account, which says the account was unavailable at this time.

Well who knows? I thought the Carpenters site was phony too so anything is possible.

If the FB account WAS authentic, he probably had it deleted due to the privacy issues I alluded to above. I haven't had any problems with that myself but quite a few of my FB friends have been "hacked" into and "spammed." Stupid hackers ruin all the fun on the web.

Mike Blakesley said:
Well who knows? I thought the Carpenters site was phony too so anything is possible.

If the FB account WAS authentic, he probably had it deleted due to the privacy issues I alluded to above. I haven't had any problems with that myself but quite a few of my FB friends have been "hacked" into and "spammed." Stupid hackers ruin all the fun on the web.

I signed into facebook using my most used email account, and low and behold, up popped a dozen people long deleted from my life and YIM that FB thought I wanted to add...that spooked me off right there.

The Herb & Lani page on Facebook was their site, which was also linked to a Twitter account. If you'll recall, back during the tour, they were giving away concert tickets for being the 1st to correctly answer a question. I believe that it is all handled by Gerry Wersh, Herb's Assistant. I have a message in to him about what happened to the FB site. In the meantime, we could speculate that it is being re-done for the new release - about which Herb recently tweeted, or was the site hacked??? :confused:

hi all, I noticed that herb and lani facebook is gone as well. I do not see them on my friends page. but there account is still on twitter. maybe they deleted there account on facebook.
bob

And here I was contemplating asking if they had a Facebook page. With all the anti-hype Facebook's been getting lately, I wouldn't be surprised if they deleted the page until everything's resolved, but that's just a guess.

I'm tired of people trying to scare others off Facebook. If you think your personal information isn't available everywhere, think again.

That's for sure. As my former favorite (and now retired) talk radio host, Bruce Williams, used to say: "That barn door is open and the horse is already out of sight down the road."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom