What kept Sergio away from the recording studio’s?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aqua do Brasil

Dear Sergio Mendes fans,

It’ smore than six years ago when Sergio Mendes released his latest CD-‘Oceano’.

Is he without a recording contract or maybe he finished his recording career? Is anyone aware or know he is recording?
It would be great to hear some of the peformances he did with the
The Atlanta & San Jose Symphony Orchestras on a recording.

I hope he will release new product in the near future.

As a fact too let you all know that Mr. Robbie Buchanan, Sergio’s longtime
studio associate/Arranger/Keyboardist told me this summer that he is now longer an studio musician anymore. ( He played on Sergio Mendes 1983, Confetti 1984, Arara 1989, Brasileiro 1992 and Oceano 1996.
On the biggest Sergio hit ‘Never gonna let you go’ he played all the keyboards and synthesizers, Sergio played only percussion on that track.

He is a fulltime producer and plays only on his own productions.
He finished a Christmas record with Johnny Mathis in Ireland with a full symphony orchestra.

I hope this was helpful to all of you,

with kind regards,

Aqua do Brasil :confused:

Sergio Mendes, like Herb Alpert and Julius Wechter, are in an elite and unique group of artists that may not be appreciated fully years to come.
Their kind are not likely to be duplicated.

Judging by reports of concerts, a new Sergio LIVE recording is what's needed!

I would love to hear a new album, especially since he seems to have gotten totally back into Brasilian music these days. (Bye bye pop charts, and good riddance!)

Mike Blakesley said:
Judging by reports of concerts, a new Sergio LIVE recording is what's needed!

This is SO true! A live CD would be sensational. I tell you, when he went into Desafinado, it brought the house down. I agree 100% on this one!

Jon...the "Brasil Nut"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom