What's your favorite INSTRUMENTAL hook in a Carpenters song?

I'm not sure I'd call it a 'hook', but my favorite instrumental solo is the sax break in 'All You Get From Love Is A Love Song'. It's my favorite Carpenters single and the sax solo is my favorite solo by any musician. It's pure magic from the combined talents of Karen, Richard, Tom Scott and Ray Parker, Jr. Suddenly, everything is right in the world when that record plays.

I'm not sure I'd call it a 'hook', but my favorite instrumental solo is the sax break in 'All You Get From Love Is A Love Song'. It's my favorite Carpenters single and the sax solo is my favorite solo by any musician. It's pure magic from the combined talents of Karen, Richard, Tom Scott and Ray Parker, Jr. Suddenly, everything is right in the world when that record plays.
It's a testament to the incredible talent and chemistry of the musicians involved—Karen and Richard Carpenter, Tom Scott, and Ray Parker Jr. Their collaboration resulted in a moment of pure musical magic that can transport listeners to a place of joy and nostalgia.

The electric guitar's dramatic and melodic sweep leading up to the last chorus of Karen singing "And, oh I just Fall In Love Again" stands out as a defining moment in the song. Its rhythmic and structural repetition throughout the song adds a consistent and captivating element that builds anticipation until the end.

Back
Top Bottom