• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

When Is The Upcoming Burt Bacharach Concert In Knoxville?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave

If I remember correctly, Burt Bacharach is supposed to be having a concert in Knoxville, TN with The Knoxville Symphony Orchestra sometime early in March. :winkgrin:

Just thought with the date coming closer, we should have a current posting here about it. :wink:

Dave :D

Burt Bacharach is set to conduct the Knoxville Symphony Orchestra on Friday, March 12, 2004 and Saturday March 13, 2004. Both concerts will be held at the Knoxville Civic Auditorium.

I am hopeful this will go according to schedule. He cancelled a January 2001 appearance due to illness, and Neil Sedaka quickly stepped in as replacement guest. Fortunately, Dave W. and myself were present for the Friday show. Sedaka was unable to perform Saturday night because he was hospitalized due to a heart ailment. That evening the orchestra went on alone.

There usually are plenty of tickets for KSO shows, because most of them are 2-evening engagements. I have attended many KSO events and can assure you the trip would be well worth your while. In fact I'm planning to go Friday to hear the Lettermen (who also will perform Saturday).

For artists' tour schedule or event schedules for particular cities and surrounding areas, I recommend the search engine at 'pollstar.' It's been a facilitator for many impromptu road trips lately.

www.pollstar.com

Thanks, Jim! I'll try to get that day (Both? All Three??) off!

Dave

...contemplating a Three-Day-Weekend 'round those two dates... :agree:

If all goes well I plan to attend both shows. In other words, it will be an all-Burt weekend.
Keep me posted as the time draws nearer.
JB

Bacharach mentioned upcoming concerts with Isley in recent BBC 2 Radio specials and that the concert schedule was running behind for some unknown reasons ?

Looking forward to any planned London 2004 concerts :)

Peter

Newspaper ads for Burt's dates with the KSO are running daily now. Can't believe it's only a week away. Featured vocalists will be Josie James, John Pagano and Donna Taylor. Ticket prices range from $20 to $70 depending upon where you want to sit.

The venue is the Civic Auditorium at 500 Howard Baker Jr. Avenue. For more information contact (865) 291-3310 or log onto:

www.knoxvillesymphony.com

JB
PS: The $20 tickets are in the balcony, and these are perfectly good seats. You can always move closer if there are vacant spots. I think $40 (a ticket for each performance) sounds like a plan.

A few thoughts as the dates for Burt's concerts with the KSO approach:

1) Radio ads are now featured on WNOX (AM 990 & FM 99.1). It's neat hearing "I'll Never Fall In Love" (SP 4188 version) and "I'll Say a Little Prayer" (SP 4131 version) as background music.

2) I reserved a ticket for each night in one of the economical balcony seats. The box office spokeswoman said she did not expect either night to sell out. There should be plenty of seats left for anyone .... hint, hint ... who decides to roll into town on impulse at the last minute.

3) If you are sitting on the fence about traveling this way ... and I do understand the feeling ... keep in mind while it's cold, windy and rainy today the weather is supposed to clear up by Friday with highs in the upper 50s.
Nice weather is expected for Saturday as well.

4) Finally, if you're considering making the trip, Knoxville is within an easy drive of Nashville, Atlanta, Cincinnatti, Roanoke or Asheville (well, a little rougher coming across the Mts. from the east, perhaps).
There's plenty of free parking in the evenings and there's a couple of downtown spots with some great import brews.
Not to mention the used vinyl/disc outlets.

So, in summary, if you can possibly do so, ... COME ON DOWN!
JB
(getting stoked, online)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom