When you get your copy of CHRISTMAS ALBUM....

When will you listen to your remaster of the TJB CHRISTMAS ALBUM?

• Are you kidding? I'm already listening to the sound samples daily

Votes: 1 4.5%
  • I'll play it as soon as I can lay my hands on it

Votes: 13 59.1%
  • I'll wait until my "normal" holiday listening time

Votes: 3 13.6%
  • I'll skim over it to see how it sounds, and then put it away until the holidays

Votes: 5 22.7%
  • I don't plan to buy it

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll play it when I get it, and probably at other times also, without regard to the season.

I realize the songs are specific to the Christmas season, but for some reason, I really don't care.

If it were some other artist, I might not buy it, as I'm not all that much into seasonal music as a music consumer.

I'll be playing it right away and comparing it to the old version. While I've listened to a few of the online samples, I've not been obsessing over this particular album, though it'll be great to have it updated and remastered.

By the way, the sound samples on Amazon list the licensing as coming from "ALAMO Properties". I guess they couldn't "remember the Almo." :laugh:

Harry
...making his 4000th post, online...

I think I would want to play it right away! I AM going to open it and check out the detailing and the artwork in the booklet. Maybe playing it, "to make sure I don't have a defective copy" would be one reason why it would go into the CD player right away, but to me a "Christmas Album" knows no season...! I play just ANY Holiday or Seasonal album on any quiet night, so to me, it's NOT Music to be played ONLY at Christmas, but Christmas Music to be played ANYTIME!

Dave

...Ho, Ho, Ho!, online... :santa:

This Christmas-oriented person will listen to it right away! And then compare it to the old one!

Marilyn, who's anxiously waiting!

I'm going to make a CD-R out of it along with parts of my Something Festive LP and maybe add Wes Montgomery's Greensleeves and put it away till Thanksgiving. Did I miss any A&M holiday related things from other albums?

Congrats on your 4000th post, Harry. I'm halfway to catching up with you (if you never post again, that is)!

4000 posts.

That means I get the use of the A&M Corner private jet, right?

Harry
...4001, and counting, online...

How do you vote? I'll be listening right away I'm sure. But this Xmas CD is one that I really would have liked to have had some bonus tracks. Mr. A did a version of Winter Wonderland with Jeff Worber. (Another Phoenix guy) The album was so short it would have been nice if Mr. A. would have recorded another 6 or 8 holiday songs. Some suggestions would have been: "Blue Christmas", "Christmas Time is Hear", "Rockin' Around the Xmas Tree", "Linus and Lucy". and "Christmas is for Grownups Too". :D I threw that one in as an after thought. Later amigos........Jay

Unfortunately I'm the type who can really enjoy Christmas albums a week or two after Thanksgiving. I'm seasonal in every sense of the word. Though I will entertain the idea of listening to straight-ahead jazz improvisations on Christmas tunes, e.g., Bill Evans' take on "Santa Claus is Comin' to Town," from Further Conversations With Myself

You must be kidding. If Jule Styne and Sammy Cahn could write "Let It Snow" during a California summer's heat-wave, I can listen to it in New Jersey's early fall, no trouble at all.

This, by the way, reminds me of a comment that Cahn once made of songs like "Let It Snow": a really good tune with bouncy syncopation can almost always be transformed into a ballad, if its lyrics evoke that sentiment. Herb's version on the TJB Christmas Album proves that point.

Look at it it this way: If Bernie Grundman and Herb Alpert can listen to these while re-mastering them in the warm L.A. summer, then we should be able to listen to them anytime!

Harry

I remember an interview that Mel Torme had given about "The Christmas Song" when his partner Robert Wells started writing the lyrics. It was over 100 degrees outside and Mel asked Wells how he could possibly be writing something like "Chestnuts roasting on an open fire" and Wells just said it was so damned hot out that he had to write something to make him think of a cooler time. Neither of them had any idea the song would go on to be a staple in Christmas music.

As for me, I'm a scrooge, so I keep Christmas at Christmas. I'll listen to the CD to make sure there's nothing wrong with it then store it away until December.

Capt. Bacardi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom