• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

Where is Gracinha Leporace?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JMAR5

I recently read the credits from The Sergio Mendes and the New Brasil 77 CD and discoverd that Gracinha was not on that album. I am surprised, I thought ever since she debut on Pais Tropical in 1971 that she remained with the ensemble. Does anyone know? I am a fairly new Brasil 66 fan. I've had their Greatest Hits and Look Around CD's for sometime now, but I am just now buying their entire collection.

Gracinha took a little time off in the mid-late '70s to deal with the personal aspects of her life - marriage, kids, etc.

She returned in great form on the HORIZONTE ABERTO album.

Harry

Thanks for the info. I love her lead vocal on Morro Velho from Pais Tropical. She has such a powerful voice.

I am just blown away by her voice. She really gives it a punch. I would love to see her and Sergio live someday. They are the best...I also like her duet on Timeless as well.

JMAR5 said:
I recently read the credits from The Sergio Mendes and the New Brasil 77 CD and discoverd that Gracinha was not on that album. I am surprised, I thought ever since she debut on Pais Tropical in 1971 that she remained with the ensemble. Does anyone know? I am a fairly new Brasil 66 fan. I've had their Greatest Hits and Look Around CD's for sometime now, but I am just now buying their entire collection.

Gracinha actually "debuted" with a guest appearance on "Fool on the Hill" with "Lapinha." I personally think she's on "Crystal Illusions," too (your mileage may vary), most think she's at least on the title tune of "Ye Me Le," and then she's all over "Stillness," so, if you like her voice (which I adore), make sure to get all of those B66 albums. By the time "Pais Tropical" came along, she had been singing with Sergio for years, both with B66 and, of course, with Bossa Rio.

Thank you JMK for the info. I can't believe it's taken me this long to really start buying more of their music. I have Crystal Illusions on order and so far I own-Greatest Hits, Love Music, Ye Me Le, Look Around, Pais Tropical, Sergio Mendes and the New Brasil 77 and I'm going to order all of the rest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom