• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

where's the 'new'sergio cd

Status
Not open for further replies.

jazzdre

earlier this year(or later last year)there was a posting on the a&m corner forum that sergio mendes was supposed to have come out with a new cd,with all new treatments of his old hits,with such special guest stars as erykah badu on singing(definitely worth the price of admission if you ask me)some of the old songs,and some others from today's pop music world.yet the only thing isee"new" is a re-release of FOOL ON THE HILL!when is this new cd coming out(i also heard it's coming out on a&m,so it would be something of an homecoming for sergio)anyway,i hope it comes out soon.

There have been stories of a new Sergio album for years, literally, but no official news has been released other than that he was supposed to be working with will.i.am, the head honcho of the Black Eyed Peas, on some tracks. (As you may know, Sergio played keyboards on the last Peas album.)

I don't remember hearing anything about a reworking of his old hits. I HOPE he doesn't do that. Can't beat the originals....he proved that with the rework of "Mais Que Nada" on the ARARA album.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom