• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

Who are Jessica Taylor's parents??

Status
Not open for further replies.

A&Mguyfromwayback

Industry Member
This is a wonderful trivia question, something I just discovered.....Jessica's dad is an arranger/orchestrator/producer who worked in LA for many years; and her mom is a singer who only had one pop hit - but it was a top 10 duet with an established artist in the 70's. She also recorded two gospel albums for Word....

I have no prizes to give - but maybe I'll give away some coasters of my own! (Not A&M ones - just stuff I have around the house.... :D )

JTCW

Who are Jessica Taylor's parents??

I guess Mr. and Mrs. Taylor isn't the correct answer...

Harry

Having seen Jessica Taylor perform on stage with Sergio & Company from a front row seat, I can only conclude that whoever her parents are, they must be very talented and attractive… because she sure is.

A&Mguyfromwayback said:
This is a wonderful trivia question, something I just discovered.....Jessica's dad is an arranger/orchestrator/producer who worked in LA for many years; and her mom is a singer who only had one pop hit - but it was a top 10 duet with an established artist in the 70's. She also recorded two gospel albums for Word....

I wouldn't be able to guess who her dad is, but just going on the "only had one pop hit - but it was a top 10 duet with an established artist in the 70's," I thought I'd take a shot at guessing her mom. Is it Teri DeSario by any chance? It would fit ... she only had one Top 40 hit ("Yes I'm Ready"), which was a duet with K.C. from the Sunshine Band. That's the only song of hers I know, though, so whether DeSario ever made a gospel record would be beyond me.

Jeff F.

jfiedler17 said:
I wouldn't be able to guess who her dad is, but just going on the "only had one pop hit - but it was a top 10 duet with an established artist in the 70's," I thought I'd take a shot at guessing her mom. Is it Teri DeSario by any chance? It would fit ... she only had one Top 40 hit ("Yes I'm Ready"), which was a duet with K.C. from the Sunshine Band. That's the only song of hers I know, though, so whether DeSario ever made a gospel record would be beyond me.

Jeff F.

OK - Jeff, whoever you are, you're good. Yes, Teri DeSario is Jessica Taylor's mother; her dad is Bill Purse, who produced Teri's two albums for Word ("A Call To Us All" and "Voices In The Wind"), and arranged for the original "Star Search" TV series many moons ago....

Your imaginary coasters are on their way.
JTCW

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom