• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

Who plays the trombone solo on Aqua De Berber?

Status
Not open for further replies.

thedrakester

I'm a trombone player and it sounds like it might be Urbie Green? Although some of the style of play makes me wonder. I know Urbie Green played on other A&M records including the Jobim album "Wave" So does anyone know. Rather obscure trivia I know....

-Drake-

This is a good question...

I'd like to know who played the trombone solo on the song "Wave" on one of the Brasil 66 albums(don't recall the album title). Also, isn't there a trombone solo in the song "Bim Bom?" - don't remember that album title either. I wonder if these are all by the same player, as the sound is very similar to my ears...

Captaindave said:
This is a good question...

I'd like to know who played the trombone solo on the song "Wave" on one of the Brasil 66 albums(don't recall the album title). Also, isn't there a trombone solo in the song "Bim Bom?" - don't remember that album title either. I wonder if these are all by the same player, as the sound is very similar to my ears...

I always attributed the BIM BOM trombone solo to Bob Edmondson.

Dan

BTW, both songs are on EQUINOX. John Pisano plays guitar...so I always figured that Bob played the trombone, as well...

Dan

Last year someone from this forum hooked up with Sergio and asked about the trombone solo on "Agua De Beber". Sergio couldn't name the 'bone player, but said it definitely was NOT Bob Edmondson, Urbie Green or Bill Watrous. The mystery continues...

Capt. Bacardi

I don't know if I'm the one you're remembering, but when I asked Sergio about this solo, he said it definitely wasn't Edmondson or Green. He didn't mention anybody else. But he had very vague memories of certain things, so I wouldn't put 100% stock in this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom