• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

Why MARCOS VALLE ? / Why NOT SERGIO ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aqua do Brasil

Dear Forum Members,

It’s nearly 8 years since Sergio Mendes released his last recording ‘OCEANO’. A contract with Polygram do Brasil under the Verve imprint
worldwide.

Sergio’s fellow countryman and music colleague Marcos Valle, (both from the same generation and both born in 1941) released 4 records in the last 4 years, 3 studio recordings: ‘Nova Bossa Nova’, ‘Escape’ and ‘Contrasts’ and one live recording: ‘Live in Montreal’ with guitarist Victor Biglione.
Marcos Valle makes his way these days although the succes is limited,
but the people behind Marcos are believers in his music and i think thats the main point in the long run.

But from the recording front of Sergio Mendes and Cy. their is nothing but silence.
I’m aware as a former record industry employe (8 years EMI records and 8,5 years Bertelsmann Book and Record Club Art Director) that the record Industry is loosing their strenght and economic impact these days.
Warner Music for example cutting their artists roster and cutting heavy on employees after their sale to Mr. Bronfam and Cy.

In spite of all those speculations, rumours and so called suggestions on this forum for a possible cooperation from Sergio with artists like Vanessa Williams, Mary J. Blige, Sade, and so on and so on, nothing really happended until now. There’s nothing concrete as Sergio mentioned.
Why Marcos Valle and why not a new recording product by Sergio?

I think it’s hard to release a new recording for Sergio these days.

My personal opininion is that Sergio didn’t want to release a new recording at all in these market circumstances.

I HOPE I’M WRONG!!!

All the best,
Aqua do Brasil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom