Yesterday Once More: Young TikTok talent re-imagines Carpenters 1970s Top 40 classics

(Hope this is okay to share! Please remove if this doesn't meet the guidelines)

Just wanted to share that I was recently interviewed by Neal Augenstein of WTOP News about the Carpenters, and how I use their recording techniques to produce my own vocals in solo projects/of course my online covers of their songs! It was really awesome to also hear some clips of the feature live on WTOP Radio as well! Absolutely love getting people talking about the greatest band ever.

Would love if you guys checked it out!

Article:

You're correct - while you have a very pleasant voice and sing in the same contralto vocal range you don't sound like Karen - only Karen sounds like Karen - she was one in a trillion...

Pease continue with your singing and with your recording experiments, and perform all the tributes to Karen that you desire (and we'll gladly listen) but never bill yourself as a "Karen soundalike" - We've seen many claim that over the years, but unfortunately none with any degree of success. It's just not possible.

You're correct - while you have a very pleasant voice and sing in the same contralto vocal range you don't sound like Karen - only Karen sounds like Karen - she was one in a trillion...

Pease continue with your singing and with your recording experiments, and perform all the tributes to Karen that you desire (and we'll gladly listen) but never bill yourself as a "Karen soundalike" - We've seen many claim that over the years, but unfortunately none with any degree of success. It's just not possible.
I certainly agree— that is a label put on my sound by other people. Knowing Karen’s voice as well as I do, I know I do not sound like her. And I of course pick up on her nuances unconsciously (when singing their songs especially) at this point because she’s influenced me so greatly, but so has Linda Ronstadt, ONJ, and so many others. More is definitely to come! Thank you!

Back
Top Bottom